Kitchen Chronicles : Pork Adobo

Wednesday, August 29, 2018

I've mentioned several times on Twitter and I'm saying it again here, cooking Adobo is not an easy chore. And you know, for a dish that gets cooked in almost every household on a daily basis, shouldn't this be as easy as cooking any type of Sinigang?? You'd think huh, but not for me. I've been cooking Adobo since I learned how to cook and until now, I still don't have a fool-proof recipe. I just take it as it is and adjust if necessary, lol. Most of the time I end up cooking something that tastes a lot like Pork Steak, but when I really want to cook Pork Steak, I end up cooking something closely resembling Adobo. That's how tricky it is for me. 

To be honest, I'm not even sure if this recipe will be of help to you. Please don't hate me lol. I'm just here to tell you what the ingredients are based on how I've eyeballed them the last time I cooked. Hehe I don't really measure my ingredients unless I'm baking so let's get it on!

Ingredients
Pork (I prefer pork belly)
Eggs
Onions
Garlic
Pepper
Soy Sauce
Vinegar
Sugar
Bay Leaf

Procedure
1. Combine the onion, garlic, pork, soy sauce and vinegar in one pot. The soy sauce is about 2 cups and vinegar is about 2 tablespoon. Bring to a boil. 
2. While waiting for the pork, boil your eggs. I love eggs so I boil about 5-7 at a time. 
3. Once the pork is boiling, do a little taste test and adjust accordingly. You can choose to add more soy or vinegar or add water depending on how you like your Adobo. Let it boil some more. 
4. It usually takes me about an hour before I'm completely satisfied with the tenderness of the pork. Again that depends on you, but once you're satisfied, add a little sugar, pepper, salt and the bayleaf. 
5. Lastly, add the boiled eggs om top of the dish. Don't cook them too long so the color of the eggs won't change drastically. 

And there you have it! Now I realized why I took a break from doing recipes. I'm always always all over the place, lol. But hopefully even if I was allover the place, you understood my steps. That's the goal, ain't it. On a personal note which I forgot to add, I usually add a lot of water while waiting for my pork to come to a boil. It's the perfect Adobo saltiness for me. Before I used to purely rely the flavor on soy sauce and I'd end up getting something too salty, but you get the drift. Please hook me up with your own recipes so I get to try them as well! Have fun experimenting in the kitchen! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget