Bataan's Pride : Corazon's Ube Decadence

Monday, August 03, 2020

Times have been really hard ever since we were placed on lockdown. They eased the requirements for a while but as you may have heard, we're back to MECQ and it's getting utterly tiring. Our lives have been on hold for five months now with no clear direction on what's about to happen to us. It doesn't help that the government doesn't really seem to care about us and would rather sit on their privilege instead. I feel so helpless and at the end of my wits--there's only so much we can do. I'm not sure how others get to keep their online spaces full of positivity when all this is happening. There's only so much I can do and I think this can be on of those. 

I've been trying to support local products ever since the quarantine started as a way of helping the rest of the country stay afloat. Sometimes the products are amazing, sometimes not really--but I find this a very good opportunity to provide feedback so the sellers know how they can improve. Eitherway, supporting local doesn't always mean it's a win. As mentioned sometimes the products end up disappointing you or sometimes you even get taken advantage of. But for today's entry, this isn't one of those times.
THE STORY
I discovered this dessert through famous instagrammer Masarap Ba. The owner of the account is very fond of supporting local product and her account is an amazing way for me to discover unknown but equally great local products. This isn't the first recommendation I've tried but then again, it's a hit or miss. Depends on your taste I guess. I ordered through a reseller since I'm currently in the province and the seller she provided only caters to MNL residents. I pre-ordered mine and waited for about a week--justifiable since the goods will be coming from Bataan. 

Corazon P Guinto, the creator of Corazon's Ube Decadence, quit her corporate job so she can thoroughly enjoy cooking for her family. What started as a small passion project boomed into a successful business enterprise with her Ube Decadence being listed as a part of Inquirer's top 5 local desserts you should watch out for. That alone made me so giddy and excited to finally have the goods on my hands. 

THE TASTE
I'm not very good with words especially when I'm pretty overwhelmed how good or bad a product is which is why I make videos instead. In place of words I couldn't say or write, here's a more graphoc representation of my first ever taste test. Haha Hope you guys enjoy the video!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget