The Maginhawa Diaries : Abdul The Cool

Saturday, August 15, 2015

I am an exceptionally dramatic person. Case in point, I always get nostalgic when I go to QC. I lived and worked in QC for about 5 years and it's like my comfort zone in Manila. It's not in ANY way similar to Baguio, of course. But I get a comforting feeling of familiarity when I go there knowing most of my friends live around the area. I know where to go for cheap drinks, I know where to go for a quick bite, I know where to retreat when I want to be alone. Aside from nostalgia, there's also a sense of bliss knowing I can prance along Maginhawa and satisfy my hungerlust. 

While driving along Maginhawa (I didn't really get to prance around because it was hot), we saw a lot of enticing restaurants we wanted to try but of course our tummies can only handle so much, we decided on Yvan Navy. Unfortunately, we were told they won't be opening until 3PM. We went there around lunch time and realized we were too hungry to wait. We drove again and saw Abdul The Cool. Before that, I remember seeing a friend on Facebook rave about the food so I thought we should find out ourselves. So, Abdul The Cool it is. Side note, I just realized how tedious the decision-making process is when looking for a place to eat. Or maybe I'm just immensely indecisive.

The restaurant seemed delightful. They have Al Fresco dining, which we had to opt out of because the heat was unbearable. The place was filled with cute, framed posters neatly hanging on its green walls. They also had a wall of what seemed like black and white comic art. It was entertaining to look at the posters and the wall art while waiting for our food. 

Food

We ordered Chelo Kebab Beef Koobideh Regular (P165) and Solid (225), Keema (P115), Spicy Persian Chicken (P145), Ox Brain (P95), Yogurt Shake (P75) and additional Pita bread (P20). The difference between the regular and the solid meal is that the latter is served with Hummus and Pita bread. The Chelo Kebab Beef Koobideh was superb, the Ox brain was divine and the Yogurt shake had the perfect blend of sweet and tangy! The Keema was a little too salty for me and the Spicy Persian Chicken is your regular chicken smothered with spicy Persian Sauce, nothing special there. Despite that, my dining experience wasn't any less awesome. Impressive Persian cuisine doesn't usually have a cheap price tag,  which is why this restaurant instantly became a favorite. 

Service

There was only one staff, aside from the chef, when we went there. She's an all-around person who handles the menu, the orders and the payments. The place wasn't packed when we visited which makes me wonder if she can handle a full house. Service was fast and we didn't have to wait long before our food was served.

Maginhawa is surely on its way to becoming one of the most sought-after food destinations in the Metro--if it isn't one already. When I dined at Abdul The Cool, I felt relieved that I didn't have to retire my Maginhawa Diaries category, lol. I just have to allot a little more time for my commute because we all know how terrible the traffic is if I'm coming from Ortigas. Have you tried Abdul The Cool? Let me know about your experience in the comments section! 

Abdul The Cool
02 4367842 | 11AM - 11PM
131 V. Luna Extension Corner Maginhawa Street, Sikatuna Village, Quezon City
Abdul The Cool Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget