How To Make Juicy Burgers At Home!

Wednesday, August 12, 2020

I love burgers, that's it. That's the tweet. LOLJK--but no really, I'm not very fond of meat whether it be pork or beef but I do have my favorites, one of which is a fat, juicy, thicc-ass burger. I almost always just get takeout or delivery because despite knowing how to make one, it's insanely laborious to have to go through everything and really just make one burger out of all the effort since I'm just cooking for myself. But ever since quarantine has started, I find myself with more time at home hence I've been cooking my own meals. 

For the burger recipe we're cooking today, I browsed through several recipes and found that a good base for a really juicy burger is the kind of ground beef you have. I got mine from Monterey and made sure it wasn't purely lean because I don't like my patty too dry. I made sure there was enough balance of fat and meat. The rest is basically up to you. I found several recipes with a ton of spices but as mentioned, you only really need good beef to go on and the rest can be as simple as you want it to be. 

INGREDIENTS
1/2 ground beef
Salt and pepper
Minced onions
Paprika
Lettuce
Tomatoes
Burger buns
Cheese

PROCEDURE
1. In a large bowl mix the ground beef, minced onions, salt pepper and paprika. 
2. Start shaping them carefully. You can opt to add cheese if you want it to be creamier. 
3. You can choose to use a grill or a pan, but either way prepare both in medium heat. 
4. Grill/pan-fry each side for around 4 minutes or longer making sure it's cooked all the way through. 
5. For serving, toast the buns then add cheese, tomatoes, onions, patty, lettuce and ketchup or mustard. 

NOTES
As you can see, I made my patty really thick--more like a quarter pounder. I mean I'm making it for myself, might as well make the best right?? It's okay to make it as thick as you want just make sure you check that it's cooked all the way through. As for the additional ingredients, you can be as creative as you want. I just really like mine with a lot of vegetables. 

If you guys are making this at home, please tag me so I can see your wonderful creations! I usually serve this with a side of homemade potato chips if I'm really in the mood to cook or if you don't have the time, a bag of plain Lay's would suffice. Got hungry just trying to finish this post. Hope you enjoyed this one. Have a great week ahead, loves!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget