Food Diary : Pho Hoa

Thursday, August 23, 2018

Do you agree with me when I say Asian food is the best?? I mean, even salads aren't boring when you go Asian? I've been on a Korean cooking spree in the past few months and I'm currently exploring Thai and Vietnamese cuisine. I'm addicted to Pho, I can't reiterate that enough. I've been trying to cook my own Pho at home but creating the soup is too tedious and I just don't have time for that. I've managed to create my own Vietnamese Spring Rolls though and I'll be posting the recipe soon!

I haven't been outside of the country so the closest I got to enjoying Vietnamese food was Pho Hoa and Bahn Mi Kitchen, lol--with the first one being accessible both at work and at home. I first had a taste of Pho hoa a few years back when I was in Greenhills and I immediately feel in love with the place. For the price, here's what your money can get you. 

Food
I pretty much order the same thing when I come by and visit--Pho and Vietnamese Rolls, with both spring and fried versions. I love both! My Pho of choice would be Pho Chin, Nam, Gan (S - P300.00, L - P340.00) which has a combination of everything--Flank, Meatbells and Tendon. Although admittedly, tendon is my favorite of all, hehe. The dining experience is unique because we usually don't get our noodles served with a side of bean sprouts, cilantro, chili peppers and lime, right? Everytime they serve my food like that, I just get all giddy and I want to put on everything. But did you know there's apparently a ~right~ way to eat Pho? Not sure how accurate this is but you can check this video. I've been trying to eat my Pho that way since watching, but most of the time I just end up putting everything in the bowl and drowning it in Sriracha, lol. 

Aside from Pho, another classic favorite I usually order would be the Fresh Spring Roll (P145.00) which has ground pork, vermicelli noodles and mixed vegetables. I was able to replicate their peanut sauce during a recent experiment and I'll be sharing the recipe for that too! I was also able to make my own Fresh Spring Roll; the process is simple but it's tedious so when I'm jonesing for a fix, I just make sure I visit the nearest Pho Hoa. 

I know I still have a long way to go with regard to my knowledge with Vietnamese Food, but I think starting off with Pho is a good way to begin this journey. Do you know any other Vietnamese cuisines I could try? Please let me know in the comments section! Also looking for other restaurant recos I can visit, so please do tell. Have an awesome weekend!

PHO HOA
Budget : P200-300/person
Monday - Sunday  |  11AM - 9PM
Lower Ground Floor, Ayala Malls The 30th, Meralco Avenue, Ugong, Pasig City
Pho Hoa Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget