Dining at Wolfgang's Steakhouse

Monday, April 08, 2024

Wolfgang seems to have been a buzzword since 2023 ever since people started finding out how costly it is to dine at this steakhouse. Prior to my visit, I had known my sister went here before and racked up a bill of P28k+. So coming in, I already had an idea what the price point would look like and what food I would order. I didn't want to go on in blind and emd up with a bill higher than what I could afford. 

Compared to places where we would usually dine as a family, we were celebrating my sister's birthday so we thought a little lavish meal would be okay. She's been requesting to go back, but this time with us. Enough of the backstory and let's get into the food. 


THE PLACE

From when we got to the door to when we got seated, we were assisted by their wait staff who also immediately offered a place for my bags and other belongings. It was a basket with woven cloth and my bag felt like royalty actually having a place to be put in given I've always had to just strap it on my chair when I dine out. I noticed and fancied this detail as it's the first time to have such attention be given to my bag. 

Our very courteous wait staff also pulled my chair, setup my napkin and made sure my table was all set. People can say all they want about Wolfgang and their price, but I got to tell ya, service is just topnotch. We were also looking for some things that weren't on their weekend menu and they accomodated this request as well. Mind you, they have a different weekend and weekday menu. Some things will not be available but you can politely ask and see if they can accomodate. 

THE FOOD


We ordered a little bit of everything. Soup of the day (P488.00), Porterhouse for 3 - 1.5kg (roughly P15k), Lobster Mac 'n Cheese (P988.00), Mixed Green Salad (P458.00), Classic Wolfgang Burger (P858.00), Mango Juice (P328.00) and Seafood Linguini (P1388.00). Aside from the steak, I think everything else was priced okay. Not cheap but it was not as bad. Taste is another thing though.

The steak was okay, for the price I was expecting myself to be crying on my first bite but I didn't? lol. I dont know. The doneness was perfect though and it was served on a hot plate and again the service was immaculate. But the taste? It was okay. Everything else was just okay too, nothing super or extraordinary. I think of all this the highlight was the burger. It was so juicy, tasty and tender. Every bite I can feel the juice oozing out with flavor. It was pretty humungous though and it was served deconstructed so to completely taste everything, you have to have a bite of the burger and a bite of everything else right after. 



We made an event out of it given it's my sister's birthday and even wore outfits with a theme. I think what put people off when hearing about dining at Wolfgang is firstly of course, the price. I think anyone would be willing to shell out a little more than what they're used to IF the food is worth it. Personally I think it's worth the experience but for the food we got which amounted to about P21k+, I wouldn't go out of my way to dine again. Unless maybe if I'm hosting friends that want to try good steak and have the money to go for it, then why not. The service is impeccable and couldn't complain about anything, as is with the actual restaurant, it's cleanliness, decor and everything else. 


Will I go back? As mentioned, if it's under the circumstances of hosting friends, sure. But would I include it in the list of restaurants on my rotation? I think I've had better steak for that price. I wouldn't discourage anyone in trying it though, if purely from an experience standpoint. Just plan out your meals ahead of time if you're on a budget so you won't get any bill shock as everything in totality would still include taxes plus service charge. It was still a nice event for the family so all in all, we had a good time. Check out more of our dining experience below. 'Til next time!
@ochibernadas Is P13k+ steak worth it? Sharing our Wolfgang Steakhouse dining experience! 🥩 #steak #wolfgang #FOODIEPH #viralfoodtrend #food #mukbang #foodieph #food #drinks #phoodtour #phoodtour #foodreview #fyp #viral #foryoupage #findom #paypig #cashcow #capcut ♬ original sound - Ochi in the City 🌸

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget