Kitchen Chronicles : Chicken Arroz Caldo

Friday, August 31, 2018

The weather has been crazy these past few weeks. There would be days where we'd get really good weather, but as expected most of the time, it has been quite rainy and y'all know what that calls for--rainy comfort food! I have a tooooon of comfort food I prefer to eat during the rainy season. Thank god for work from home perks I get to avoid the heavy traffic and the flooding in Metro Manila because god knows 5 minutes of rain can already flood the city. Anyway, I think it was 2 weeks ago when I worked from home for about 3 days because it's been raining cats and dogs and thankfully there wasn't anything client-facing I needed to do for work that time. I thought of Champorado but y'all also know me, I'm more of a savory type of girl more than sweet so I decided to cook Arroz Caldo instead. Here's my quick recipe guide if you're a struggling professional in the metro--just like me. It's not as jam-packed with ingredients as the original one you're probably used to but this will help you get through Manila stress. So, let's get started!

Ingredients
Rice
Chicken
Chicken cubes
Garlic
Ginger
Onion
Onion Leeks
Calamansi
Fish Sauce
Boiled Eggs
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Procedure
1. Heat oil in a deep cooking pot and saute garlic, onion, and ginger.
2. Once the onion gets soft, add the chicken. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Add the rice and cook for 1 minute. After a minute pour 2-3 cups of water, depending on how much rice you've put in. 
4. Add the chicken cube, salt and pepper. Add a tablespoon of patis and adjust the taste accordingly. 
5. Serve with onion leeks, boiled eggs and calamansi! Bonus if you have toasted garlic to top it off with. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget