Kitchen Chronicles : Bibimguksu 비빔국수 | Korean Spicy Mixed Noodles

Monday, February 27, 2017

I hope you guys are having an awesome Monday despite the transport strike we're having today. I would opt to talk more about the plight of our Jeepney drivers and operators buuuut, this isn't the right avenue. Follow me on Twitter and let's engage in a healthy discussion, okay? Anyway. I just had my late breakfast and I was in the mood to photograph my food and post about it, lol. I'm so thrilled that my new camera allows seamless wireless sharing. With my DSLR I have to hook everything up to my laptop, but this new baby--I can just connect it to my phone and voila--I have the pictures!

Which leads me to today's post--a new recipe! It's easier to post new recipes lately because of my new camera! Huhu, thank you boyfriend. My phone was stolen around December last year so I can't really rely on the one I'm using for post-worthy photos. Anywaaaaay, I just had this super easy recipe for breakfast. It'll only yake you 10 to 15mins tops! Let's begin, shall we?

Ingredients
Spaghetti 
1 tbsp of soysauce
1 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
1 1/2 tbsp seasoned red pepper paste
1 cup diced kimchi
1 tbsp finely chopped green onion
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1 egg (optional)

*For seasoned red pepper paste (Gochujang):
1 cup red pepper paste
4 tbsp soysauce
1 1/2 tbsp sesame oil 
1 tbsp honey 
1 clove minced garlic
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp sesame seeds

Procedure
1. For the seasoned red pepper paste, combine all the ingredients in a bowl. 
2. Next, cook noodles according to package directions. 
3. Drain noodles and rinse with cold water. 
4. Add the soy sauce, sesame oil, seasoned red pepper paste and diced kimchi. Mix well with the noodles. 
5. Top with green onion, sesame seeds and hard-boiled or sunny side up egg!

Notes : 
The original recipe calls for Somyeon Noodles but I don't really like the texture since it tends to get too soft so I changed it to spaghetti. In my opinion, you can use any noodle that you want. Please also take note that the Gochujang can be very spicy. I recommend starting with half the amount on the recipe and building it up from there. If you want this to be all-out vegan, just skip the egg and you're good to go. You can serve it with lettuce instead of the egg! Another tip, make a lot of sauce and keep it in a container so the next time you crave for this dish, all you have to do is cook the noodles!

And there you have it, easy peasy breakfast, lunch or dinner recipe! It has the perfect sweet and spicy kick to it that's perfect for my taste. Of course you can always adjust the recipe as needed! Everything depends on your own preference anyway--this is just a guide. While I was having this for breakfast earlier, I also had pickled radish on the side. I'll be putting the recipe up on my next post. For now, back to work. Have an awesome week, guys!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget