Resorts World Manila : Dine Under The Stars

Thursday, March 02, 2017

I promised on my previous post that I'll be telling you guys all about the surprise date I had with the boyfriend a few weeks ago. I'm not the fancy schmancy type of person, but I wanted something romantic for the boyfriend. I didn't want something that would attract too much attention; and since we both love food, I figured an intimate, romantic dinner would be my best bet. 

The last time we tried something like this was during our anniversary dinner at Ninyo's Fusion Cuisine--which I've yet to write about. Resorts World Manila wasn't my first pick due to the location and traffic can get pretty bad. But their Valentine's Day Special was too good to pass up so we decided to give it a try. Every Valentine's Day, The Terrace at Resorts World Manila holds a Valentine's Day Special called Dine Under The Stars. Duh? Sign me up. Or at least let the photos do the talking. 

The Place
It was intimate and cozy. Each couple has their own cabana, which has a lovely dining setup and a couch to boot. If you want it to be more intimate, you can choose to have the curtains down. But I would recommend keeping them tied because the cold breeze just adds up to the ambiance of the place. You're also assigned one 'butcher', if I may, to cater to everything that you need. And I mean everything! We didn't have to lift a finger--well, except while we were eating and taking photos and videos, hehe. You can also have your parking ticket validated before you leave the place. 

The Food
The degustation we had was amazing. They already have a set menu and the only choice you have to make is with the main course. You can choose from beef, chicken or fish. I'm not going to list down everything we had because the names are so long--just like any other degustation out there, hehe. But I've attached a video of our experience so you can see each single food item that we had. On top of that, the head chef personally came out to ask if the food was okay and if we're having a good time. We also had a chance to meet RWM's head of culinary execution--what a night! I was telling the boyfriend, "Ganito pala maging mayaman." LOL! The entire dinner costs P1900/pax.

It was a lovely experience to say the least. Even if this is not something we'd prefer to have all the time, it was amazing to be treated like royalty even just for a night. We didn't realize we had already spent 3 hours at the place because we were just eating at our own pace--savoring each course as much as we can, and just having quality time with each other. I love the intimacy of the place. After every meal, we'd sit at the couch and talk for a while then go back to our seats when we're ready for the next course. We only took our gadgets out to take photos but other than that, we were totally unwired. Will we go back? Definitely. If I can still squeeze this in my budget, this might just be a yearly thing for us. 


The Terrace
(02) 9088889 | 7AM - 10PM
5th Floor, Maxims Hotel, Resorts World Manila
The Terrace - Maxims Hotel Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget