Kitchen Chronicles : Homemade Pizza

Sunday, December 27, 2015

I know I haven't blogged as much recipes as I have in the past, but that's only because I barely used my kitchen in the past month! Things have been crazy since November and I barely had time to edit photos let alone make a story out of them. I didn't want to just publish anything for the sake of being able to post. Of course I still want to have quality blog posts which is why I decided to wait it out until my holiday vacation to work on my pending posts. 

For today's recipe, I'll be sharing a go-to recipe I've grown to love during my busy days. Since being in a relationship again, I've had to allot some of my time with the boyfriend (duh!). This basically means going to Tagaytay and lazily spending the weekends watching movies and drinking wine. I feel soooo mature just typing that. Also cultured at that since the boyfriend taught me how to eat cheese and which wine to pair it with, LOL. Or the rare chance that we get to spend together at home, we spend sleeping and eating takeaway food. I'll be sharing two easy versions of this favorite meal; one savory and one sweet version. Let's begin!

Ingredients
• Store-bought Pizza Dough
• Tomato Sauce
• Dried Oregano
• Cheese (Mozzarella, Cheddar, Parmesan)
• Ham
• Pineapple Tidbits
• Onion
• Bell Pepper


Procedure
1. Preheat the oven to 175C.
2. In a bowl, mix your tomato sauce and dried oregano. Add salt/pepper to taste.
3. Spread the mixture evenly on top of your pizza dough.
4. Add a layer of cheese. In my case, I used whatever leftover cheese I had.
5. Add the onions, bell pepper, ham and pineapple tidbits.
6. Top it with another layer of cheese.
7. Cook in the oven for about 10-15 minutes--depending on the thickness of your dough and the amount of your ingredients.
Some notes on this : DON'T USE EDEN CHEESE! It's fake cheese, ugh. Why did I have to consume fake cheese for 25 years?? My pizza dough is also a mini pizza dough, since I also have a mini oven which is why cooking time is shorter than usual. I also didn't really time it, that's just a rough estimate. I usually just check after a while if the ingredients are cooked then I'm all set. 

Ingredients
• Store-bought Pizza Dough
• Banana
• Nutella
• Confectioner's Sugar (optional)

Procedure
1. Preheat the oven to 175C.
2. Spread as much Nutella as you want on the pizza dough. 
3. Put in the oven for about 3-5 minutes, or until the Nutella is about completely melted. 
4. Top with banana's and confectioner's sugar!

Some notes : I initially cooked mine longer that's why it looks like that, hehe. I also cooked it with the bananas which made the fruit soggier than it should be. You should follow the instructions provided above; that would give you the perfect dessert pizza. 

I can't say this is the healthiest meal, but with the craziness that went on in the past month, I can say this was my best bud for the most of November, LOL. It's filling and it's easy to make. Just make sure it's not something you'd eat everyday 'cause as mentioned, I don't think this is even healthy. But this is a great snack to serve during parties and mini gatherings with friends. You can play pretend as if you're doing a 'Project Pie' meal and be as creative with the ingredients! Let me know if you choose to try this out. I'm still on vacation, but to those who are still coming in to work tomorrow--have an awesome week ahead!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget