The Maginhawa Diaries : RBCTY (Rib City)

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

I've been trying to eat at all the restaurants in Maginhawa. I don't know why I came up with that goal, which is proving to be quite difficult since I now live in Mandaluyong, but I'm having a lot of fun doing it! I'm lucky to have a supportive boyfriend who doesn't mind driving me to my destination despite the horrendous traffic. 

Over a month ago, I was heartbroken when UP placed 3rd at the UAAP Cheerdance Competition. I am not going to say my school deserves to be on top just because it's my school but because we deserve it. There's a lot of controversy surrounding the results of the competition, but I'd rather not talk about it. To cut the long story short, I wanted to eat my heart out so I figured I'd go to Maginhawa to lick my wounds. Looking for a parking spot on a Friday night is worse than looking for a needle in a hay stack! The boyfriend and I went to the first place where a parking spot was readily available : Rib City.



Place
My friends who have tried the place have mixed reviews. Some of them say it was good and some say it's not worth your money. We decided to go on with it anyway. The place was spacious, unlike other restaurants along Maginhawa that can only accommodate up to about 4 small groups. We opted to dine at the 2nd floor since the decoration looked more fancy. The whole place was actually aesthetically pleasing and artsy, which seems like some sort of requirement in Maginhawa lately. They also had Lego pieces on the table that you can play with while waiting for your food. It's a good distraction as it brought back fond memories when I was a kid. They also give you your bill on a small truck, now that's cute. 

Service
The staff didn't look friendly but gave us fast and efficient service nonetheless. They were always at our beck and call, albeit with not-so-warm faces. I understand that being in the service industry is difficult but we all have jobs to do. They could've been more enthusiastic when it comes to servicing customers. 

Food
The food was overrated. For a restaurant called Rib City, I had high expectations with their Rib collection. We ordered Suburban with a side of Pesto Pasta (P218), Clam Chowder (P98) and Quesadees (P188). Looking at the photos, do you think Suburban is worth the price? I'd rather have Rub Ribs' Singles at P220. The meal was a total let down for me. There is also no option to make your Ribs' sauce spicy. There's is a note however that you can ask the staff for hot sauce, which wasn't so hot after all. The Clam Chowder tasted good but my personal favorite was their Quesadees. Quesadees is made up of wheat flour tortillas stuffed with bacon, mushroom, bell pepper and mildly hot jalapenos with a side of fresh tomato salad and melted mozzarella and cheddar.  Of course I would opt for it to be a little hotter, but can I just say the melted mozzarella and cheddar dip was divine! The only thing in our meal that really ruined my mood was the ribs; which is supposedly their strong suit. 

Will I go back? For the Quesadees probably but never for the ribs. I'm also curious about their Fast Lane entrees which seem to taste better than their ribs. I guess that's another one down, and a million more to go before I finally get to cover most if not all of Maginhawa. Until my next hungerlust!

RBCTY (Rib City)
Budget - P150 - 300 / person
(02) 2380844 | 11:30 AM - 10:30 PM
63 Maginhawa Street, Diliman, Quezon City
RBCTY (Rib City) Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget