Kitchen Chronicles : Homemade Tomato SauceWednesday, June 04, 2014
I've made this sauce several times and altered the taste depending on the meat or pasta I'm using. This is also a fool-proof recipe which is why I love doing it. For this recipe, you'll be needing the following ingredients :
- 16 ounce fresh tomatoes
- 1 big onion (I love onions!)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Dried basil
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Parsley (optional)
- Chop your tomatoes into small pieces and crush them using a mesh collander or food processor.
- Saute your onion and garlic for about 1-2 minutes, then add your tomatoes.
- Add basil, salt and pepper. Adjust accordingly.
- Adjust the heat to low and simmer for 2 hrs. Stir every 20 minutes.
- After 2hrs, turn off the heat and let it cool off before transferring to a container.
As you can see in my photos, I didn't completely crush my tomatoes because I like a little texture in my sauce. The consistency of the tomatoes and onions also depends on you, I prefer mine this way so it adds more texture when mixed with pasta. I prefer serving this with meatballs or Italian sausages with some caramelized onions on the side.
There you have it! Healthy and easy at the same time. I can't say it's quick because you have to wait for 2hrs but I guarantee the taste will be awesome. I would love to talk more about what happened to me over the weekend but the weather is inviting me to go back to bed. Aaaaah, this is so counter-productive, but who cares? I definitely don't. I'll be more productive tomorrow to make up for slacking off tonight, hahaha! Goodnight, loves!