Kitchen Chronicles : No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake

Thursday, May 29, 2014

I wasn't supposed to blog about this recipe because the photos I took were terrible, but a lot of my online friends have been asking about the recipe, so here goes! I've been meaning to try this recipe for quite sometime now but haven't really had the time to do so. Now that I'm unemployed, ha, I have all the time in the world to try out everything on Pinterest. And yes, even that DIY shit. 

First on the list, the no-bake blueberry cheesecake! I've seen a lot of videos and blogs talking about how easy this is. So I thought, if it's foolproof, then I couldn't probably go wrong. Can I? A lot of people also say try and try until you succeed, hahaha! My first try wasn't perfect but I hope with the help of the instructions I'll be giving, you get to make the perfect one when you finally try it! Let's start! PS, please don't laugh at my photos. I tried my best to get a good angle but I guess a plastic container doesn't look as attractive as a springform pan. 
See, it's not so bad. It doesn't look enticing because it's in a cheap container. Ha! And honestly, not to humblebrag or anything, it was awesome if not for the failed aesthetic. Now, on to the ingredients!

Crust
  • 1 pack Crushed Graham Crackers
  • 1/2 can Condensed Milk 
Filling and Topping
  • 1/2 can Condensed Milk
  • 2 blocks of Cream Cheese 
  • 1 pouch All-purpose Cream 
  • 2 tbsp Gelatin
  • 1 can whole Blueberries
Procedure
  1. For the crust, combine the crushed graham and the condensed milk. Mix thoroughly until it has a dough-like consistency. This may seem tedious but it's not. Try doing it with your hands. Make sure you wear gloves!
  2. Once you're done mixing, grease a springform pan then transfer and press the mixture evenly throughout the pan. Since I didn't have a sprinform pan (huhu), I used a 'tupperware'. As you can see, it's a bit small that's why my ingredients are overflowing. Mehehe. Make sure your container is big enough for all the ingredients to avoid this. 
  3. Now for the filling, combine the cream cheese, condensed milk and all-purpose cream. Make sure there are no lumps. Once it's smooth and fluffy, add the gelatin (dissolved in milk). I had to do this manually because we don't have the proper materials in our apartment (another huhu). It will be a big help if you have a mixer or a blender!
  4. Spread the filling evenly on top of your crust. A rubber spatula will also be your bestfriend while doing this. Unfortunately, I also didn't have it handy (huhu) when I was making my cheesecake. What a tragedy. I had to use the back of a spoon to even out my filling.
  5. Once your filling is evenly distributed, you can now top it with the canned blueberries. If you have fresh blueberries, that's better. You can also choose to chill it without the blueberries and just put the blueberry topping once you're about to serve it. 
  6. Chill your cheesecake for about 24hrs and voila, you have your own no-bake blueberry cheesecake!
Before you put it in the fridge, don't worry if the filling looks a bit soft and watery. That's what the gelatin is for, to hold it firmly in place. After 24hrs, it will have the perfect consistency, not too soft and not too firm either!
Can I just say this again, I hate these photos! I promise I'll make another one and this time I'll make sure I have a springform pan. I'll also make sure I don't crowd the ingredients, lol. But seriously if you ever make this dessert, hopefully yours will look way better. Hahaha! 
Enjoy the rest of the week. Happy Thursday! 
post signature

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget