Keep Calm And Watch MoviesThursday, June 05, 2014
I remember quite vividly the first movie I watched on the big screen, it was Thumbelina. For some reason, I didn't really like the movie. It may be because we were standing the whole time and as a kid, I didn't understand why we had to pay to be tortured like that--it didn't make sense! Well, it also wouldn't make sense now. I would never, ever pay for a movie and stand up while watching. It's like paying for your demise! But one bad experience would not ruin my love affair with movies.
I have 3 all-time favorite movies as a kid : Rock-A-Doodle, The Great Mouse Detective and The Land Before Time. When I was a kid, loved watching movies because there is always a moral lesson in the end. And being the little one who doesn't know much, I absorbed these lessons like a sponge. Each movie felt like a fun learning activity; It wasn't as boring as school yet you still learn something. It's funny how I already forgot some of the other things I learned as a child, but not why I started loving movies, haha. Watching movies as a kid was also some sort of recluse for me. The feeling of being transported into a make-believe world where every story has a happy ending--because we all know reality is very far from that.
Remember I was talking about how silly it is to pay for a movie and end up standing the whole time? Well, thanks to technology and Globe we don't have to go through that trouble again. It's true when they say there's always an app for that. And the awesome app I'm talking about is, drum roll please, GMovies! GMovies is the ultimate pocket app for your movie fix! A first and only one of its kind in the country, GMovies allows you to begin your movie going experience anytime, anywhere! Stay updated with the current and upcoming movie releases on cinemas nationwide, get the best seats and buy your movie tickets straight on your smartphones! Powered by Globe Telecom, this film-tastic mobile app is FREE for download for both Android and iOS users.
I haven't been to the cinemas in a looooong time because I hate waiting in line. I believe time is precious and it shouldn't be wasted on long lines. Given that this app can do the dirty work for me, I decided to give it a try!
- I checked the 'Coming Soon' tab first. I wanted to know if A Million Ways To Die In The West will be shown here, and it will be! Weeee, so excited. All the buzz on Twitter on whether it's going to be shown here, ha, good thing I have GMovies.
- Since I wanted to secure a ticked for Maleficent, I went to 'Cinemas'. Make sure you allow the app to access your location so it can accurately suggest the malls closest to you.
- After selecting the movie, you can now choose which mall you want to go to based on the suggestions.
- Once you're done selecting the cinema where you want to watch your movie, pick a time that'll be most convenient for you. Hassle-free, no lines involved!
- Now this is the part I love the most, since you get to book your tickets ahead of time--you also get to pick the best seat in the house! After which you proceed to...
- Payment will be your last stop. You can choose to pay via Promo Code, Credit Card or MPass. There's an additional P20 for the transaction, which I don't mind because it takes all of the hassle away.
Fully enjoy the GMovies experience by following them!
With all the dirty work made easy, I'm thinking the cinemas would be my ultimate hangout place for the rest of the year! I'd be selfish if I didn't share the experience with you. Just answer this question, "What movie made you fall in love with watching movies?", and get a chance to win two (2) free movie dates each week for one month! Yes, you read that right. FREE stuff, yay! With GMovies, I'm sure you and I can keep calm and watch movies, again, yay!
So now, what movie made you fall in love with watching movies? Don't forget to leave your answers in the comments section! Remember, the best things in life are free. LOL. Happy Thursday, loves!