Kitchen Chronicles : Tuna and Broccoli Pasta

Thursday, April 10, 2014

I'm not sure if it's professional to let it out and say, I'm not happy with my job. I'm okay with it, yes. But only because it pays the rent, takes care of the bills, takes me to places I haven't been to and gives me just enough to still help out my parents and my siblings who are still in school. I've been a little depressed at how I'm unable to figure things out. When I was younger, I always thought that when I approach 25, I'd already have a car and maybe a small condo unit, and you know, just live by as if life were that easy. Apparently, it's not. 

I am approaching 25, and what have I accomplished so far? I have managed to give money to my siblings whenever they need it. Treat my parents every now and then, help out with the expenses at home and that's it. I don't have any investment, and aside from my gadgets, I don't own anything at all. I'd like to say I have lived a frugal life for the past 5 years. I haven't shopped as much as I used to in college, if I have any guilty indulgence, that would be food--which is a necessity. But where did I go wrong? How come my ideal life isn't even close to my reality? It's really disheartening to look at what 5 years of work has done to me. I've been feeling this way for several months now and I can't seem to shrug this feeling away. Cooking is the only thing that keeps my mind off things.

Aaaaand, since this post is becoming lengthy and melodramatic, I'll stop. 

This is my usual tuna pasta with a twist. I had some leftover broccoli from another dish so I decided to just mix all of them. You can check the recipe here, In contrast to my usual tuna pasta, I think this is somehow a more nutritious variant because of the addition of vegetables. You can also choose to add whichever vegetable you want!

I'm so sorry for disguising this personal post as a recipe. I think I wrote more about how disgruntled I am more than sharing details of this recipe, but what the hell, I don't care. So, sorry not sorry! I think I'm entitled to feel sad and lost. I think everyone is. But. I also hope I get over this feeling the soonest possible time, as much as I'm entitled to being lost, I also have to be responsible. Ugh, why is it so hard to be 25? Well, almost 25? Please be over soon. 
post signature

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget