Kitchen Chronicles : Spicy Tuna Pasta

Sunday, November 10, 2013

I haven't shared a recipe for quite some time now, I've been too lazy to cook because my body has been too fucked up too function. I have been changing my shift at work on a weekly basis, and I can't really say I have fully adjusted. I'm quite surprised I actually had the time to edit photos and post them on the blog and on Facebook. Anyhoo, If I do get a chance to wake up at least 2 hrs before my shift and not, say, 15mins before I'm required to be in the office, I still play around the kitchen. 

A couple of weeks ago, I woke up a bit earlier than the usual and had a bit of time to cook my food. I was ecstatic because I don't have that luxury these days. I'm usually glued to my bed, trying to get as much sleep as I can. Going back, I didn't have a lot of ingredients to work with because my pantry was almost empty. I had tuna, tomatoes, onions, garlic and uncooked leftover pasta. If I weren't starving, I would've had tuna and bread, but it felt like my small intestines and large intestines were partaking in the Hunger Games, so I thought, why not mix everything and just have pasta? 

This recipe is pretty easy, as you see, I only used 5 or so ingredients but I was surprised that it really tasted good. For this recipe, you'll need the following:

Ingredients
  • Century Tuna Hot and Spicy
  • Onions
  • Tomatoes
  • Garlic
  • Penne (Or any pasta you prefer)
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
  • Chilies (for that extra kick)
Procedure
  1. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Set aside. 
  2. Saute onions, garlic and tomatoes then add the tuna. 
  3. Add sliced Chili if you want some extra kick. 
  4. Toss the tuna with the pasta and voila, your food is ready!

This has been my go-to recipe whenever I wake up late or when I just don't have the time. It's easy and I think(?) it's healthy to. Next time I'm cooking this dish, I'll make sure I smother it with more tuna and maybe add some cabbage too. I've tried tuna with cabbage and it tasted really great. 

Have you prepared this dish before? If so, tell me about it! Hope you're all having a great Sunday. I'm enjoying my alone time because the boyfriend is out of town. Oops, time to get my nails done! Happy Sunday!
post signature

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget