Kitchen Chronicles : V-Day Platter

Sunday, March 16, 2014

I was supposed to go out last night and drink the fucking weekend away, but around 4PM I decided to take a nap. 16hrs later, here I am. Woke up to a barrage of texts from the friend I'm supposed to be meeting! HUHUHUHU What a wasted night! Anyhoo, I woke up starved and since I feel like crap from all that sleep, why not squeeze in a short blog post, yes? I'm starting to neglect my little online space again because of things in the real world. Too complicated and too difficult to explain, let's move on!

Seeing the title, this is obviously a long, overdue post but posting it nevertheless. The boyfriend and I rarely celebrate little months like counting how long we've been and so. I used to, but being the accountant that he is, he told me it's not practical. Every now and then he'd surprise me, but I never really expect anything from him because he can be the kindest and most understanding boyfriend in the whole, wide, world--but definitely not the sweetest! Hahaha! For this year's Valentine's day, we already agreed that we're not going out because of the terrible Manila traffic, payday Friday and a lot of schools were holding their Junior/Senior Proms that day. And as you can imagine, that'll be just hell for commuters and non-commuters alike. 

On the morning of Valentine's day though, I decided to prepare a special breakfast for my bibi! The teenager in me just won't allow this day to pass without celebrating, no matter how small the gesture is. Since the boyfriend is nuts over food wrapped in bacon, I prepared bacon-wrapped Asparagus, bacon-wrapped Enoki mushrooms and broccoli and carrot salad in roasted sesame dressing. 

Ingredients
  • Carrots
  • Broccoli
  • Asparagus
  • Enoki mushrooms
  • Bacon
  • Teriyaki Sauce
  • Roasted Sesame dressing (or any salad dressing of your choice)
Procedure

  1. For the carrots and broccoli salad, bring the veggies to a boil and top with salad dressing. 
  2. For the mushrooms and asparagus, wrap each bundle carefully with bacon. We don't have an oven at home so I did a pan-friend version of these. Put some Teriyaki sauce before serving! 
The boyfriend enjoyed everything I prepared. It may be a simple gesture for Valentine's day, but we both enjoyed it! Now, I feel really hungry. I have to get up and prepare me some breakfast! Sorry for ranting on a beautiful Sunday morning, I really just had to let that out! Excited for later, we're doing the groceries and a little bit of pampering and shopping. Yaaaay! What are your plans for later?

Hope you guys are having an awesome Sunday! 

post signature

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget