Kitchen Chronicles : Potato Salad

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Woke up early today because the boyfriend kept on trying to ruin my sleep. We both have fucked up body clocks and unfortunately, they weren't in sync yesterday. Hence all the bullying while I was sleeping and he was wide awake. Couldn't go back to sleep so I made breakfast! We had Enoki mushrooms wrapped in bacon, scrambled eggs with basil, onions and tomatoes, broccoli salad and coconut juice!

Work this week was extra toxic and extremely difficult. Two months before my birthday and this lingering feeling of unhappiness haunts me every time. I know, I know. You'll tell me this happens every year, months before my birthday. I know that, too! But I can't seem to get rid of this annoying and unpleasant feeling. I just had a haircut, hoping I'm one step closer to finally letting go--of that dreaded feeling, amongst other things. 


Blogging helps me get my mind off things for a while, hope this helps.For this recipe, you'll be needing the following ingredients : 
  • Potatoes
  • Red bell pepper
  • Spring onions
  • Onions
  • Salt and pepper
  • Olive oil
  1. Boil the potatoes for about 5-8 minutes depending on their size. Set aside. 
  2. On another pan, heat your olive oil and saute your onions and bell pepper. 
  3. After the onions have become a bit transparent, add the potatoes and saute for about 3-5 minutes.
  4. Add salt and pepper to taste. Top with spring onions before serving!
In cooking this dish, I think the tricky part is knowing when to take the potatoes out of the water. Because you have to make sure they're not fully cooked yet, so you can still saute it with the other ingredients. But, with that aside, this still seems like a relatively easy dish, yes?


I'm turning 25, and no matter how unaccomplished I think I may be, I'm still excited to celebrate! The past 24yrs and so weren't all that good, but I have this strong (I may be wrong) feeling that something bigger is in store for me in the coming years. Let's all hope that 'something' is for the better, and not a butt load of depression and self loathing. 

Oh, and at least I can legitimately say that I have a quarter-life crisis! Hahaha


post signature

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget