Kitchen Chronicles : Breakfast Platter

Sunday, March 02, 2014

It's quite depressing how I haven't been able to cook a decent meal for 2 weeks now. We were supposed to do the groceries last week but the boyfriend and I ended up sleeping instead. Work has really been stressful and toxic for both of us, we'd choose a whole day's sleep over a party or drinks any day. We're going grocery shopping today so I'm excited! I've prepared my list and my recipes. Bibi is still sleeping so I thought of squeezing in a quick post for you guys. I made this a few weeks ago, didn't have any meat on the fridge so I just tossed all of the leftover veggies together. 
   
This breakfast platter contains not-so-perfect sunny side up eggs, eggplants and tomatoes and asparagus wrapped in bacon. I think I'm salivating. Nommmmm!

Ingredients
  • Eggs
  • Olive Oil
  • Eggplants
  • Tomatoes
  • Asparagus
  • Bacon
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Basil
Procedure

  1. The eggs are pretty self-explanatory. 
  2. For the eggplant and tomatoes, put some olive oil in a pan and start frying the eggplants. Halfwayy through the eggplants getting cooked, throw in the tomatoes and cook for at least 5 minutes. Put a dash of salt and basil for added flavor. You can also choose to add whatever seasoning you want. 
  3. Now, let's move on to the Asparagus wrapped in bacon. I don't have an oven at home so I don't really have any option but to fry it. I boiled the Asparagus for about 2-3 minutes, just enough for them to be half-cooked. After that, wrap the asparagus in bacon and fry until they're cooked to perfection. It's good as it is but I topped mine with a dash of Teriyaki sauce. 
There you have it, easy peasy as always! Our Saturday was spent slacking off and sleeping until we got hungry so hopefully, Sunday will be more productive. I'm still watching SVU while binging on cookie butter. I'll get around to doing my tasks after this, LOL. What are your plans for today? Whatever they are, have fun!

Happy Sunday, folks!


post signature

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget