Kitchen Chronicles : Salmon and Egg Salad

Saturday, February 22, 2014

The boyfriend and I just got back from the majestic islands of Boracay, and, can I just say going back was so heartbreaking. If I could land a job there, you'd see me move in a heartbeat! I'll be talking more about the short vacay we just had on another blog post. For now, I'd like to psych myself into thinking that a salad makes the world a better place. If I want to get back in shape, eyes on the fucking prize--err, salad. I have to forget about the sumptuous meals we had in Boracay. Huhu Why is life so difficult?? 

Anyway, let me share this recipe I did a few weeks back. I was experimenting with balsamic vinegar and surprisingly, it tastes awesomesauce with Salmon. I scoured the intarwebz for the perfect balsamic vinaigrette recipe, but I had to adjust everything to my own liking.

Ingredients
  • Lettuce
  • Onions
  • Sundried tomatoes (or fresh tomatoes)
  • Corn
  • Eggs
  • Salmon (I used Century Tuna)
Vinaigrette
  • Balsamic vinegar
  • Olive Oil
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Onions
  • Honey
Procedure

For the salad, you just toss everything in a bowl. Or in my case, a microwaveable container because this is my packed lunch, LOL. As I've mentioned, the balsamic vinaigrette can be adjusted depending on how tangy you want it to be. The recipe I saw said that the ratio is 3 parts oil to 1 part vinegar, I tried it and it was too oily for me. I just mixed everything all together and adjusted the other ingredients. You may be wondering why this one doesn't have Dijon Mustard, well, I didn't have any at that time. But it's great having the mustard in the mix too because it acts as the emulsifier. If you just use the oil and vinegar, they tend to separate quite easily even after you grow muscles because of all the stirring. 

Just when I thought salad couldn't get any boring, I discovered balsamic vinegar. You should try it too if you haven't! I should stop. It's an awesome Saturday, why don't we all go out and enjoy the great outdoors! Err, where did that come from? Hahaha! From all the stress I've managed to accumulate at work this week. To think I only went to work for 3 days. Some work, huh. Okay, I'll really stop now.

Have an awesome Saturday, lovelies!

post signature

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget