Kitchen Chronicles : Tuna Salad

Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Is it just me or the cold not-so-summer nights are finally over? If so, I'm hating this weather. Can't we have the easy breezy weather until March? No? Okay. Anyway, we've been feeling the heat since the weekend (jackets and boots no more!), the boyfriend and I were binging on salad for like a whole week. It's easy to prepare and it's very light, perfect for the tropical weather. 

I already have several salad recipes on queue but let me share this first because it's the easiest! You just put all of the ingredients together and voila, you have a decent meal. 

Ingredients 
  • Century Tuna in Oil (I prefer spicy)
  • Lettuce
  • Onions
  • Sundried tomatoes (or fresh tomatoes)
  • Corn
Just mix everything in a bowl and you're good to go! I used the tuna's oil to keep things together. The oil is quite flavorful so it'll help with the taste. You can also choose to add a dressing of your choice. 

See, very easy! I usually prepare this salad when I wake up late because of watching too much SVU, and I don't have time to cook anymore. I just grab whatever I can find in the fridge and toss them all together. You can do the same, too. Add ingredients that are available in your pantry and remove the ones that you don't like--make it your own!

Oh and, can it be Friday already? Eggzoited for the weekend! Again, give yourself a pat on the back for still being alive halfway through the week. Happy Wednesday, folks!


post signature

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget