Kitchen Chronicles : Pasta De Sardine

Saturday, February 01, 2014

I've been down with the flu for over 2 weeks now and I'm not even close to recovery. Huhuhuhu My salad life, which is supposed to be fun, is taking a back seat because my body keeps looking for rice. Or food portions in humongous sizes, and a salad just won't do. Sigh. I had a meeting at work earlier and it was so embarrassing because I kept on coughing while explaining my deck, and it was also painful. It's also affecting my workout! I haven't been doing Zumba because of this terrible feeling. I just want to curl up in bed until I get well. Huhuhu

So anyway, I just want to share a recipe I did a couple of weeks ago. I've seen a lot of sardines recipes online but most of them were oil-based. I love sardines in tomato sauce so I thought, why not use it instead.

Ingredients
  • Pasta
  • Sardines in tomato sauce (I used Ligo Sardines)
  • Tomatoes
  • Onions
  • Garlic
  • Parsley
  • Chili Flakes (optional)
Procedure
  1. Cook your pasta according to package instructions. 
  2. Saute garlic, onion and tomatoes. 
  3. After the tomatoes have been crushed to perfection, add the sardines. 
  4. Saute for around 1-2 mins and combine with your pasta. Sprinkle with parsley!
You can prepare this meal in 15-20 mins! Perfect if you don't have a lot of time to prepare food before going to work. I had this post on queue for about 3 or 4 days, too much stuff is going on at work. I was also supposed to be on holiday today, but I had to come in! UGHHHHH. How anti-climactic is that? Anyway, enough of the bad vibes since I'll be enjoying my weekend in a couple of hours. Weeoooohhhweeeeeee! Happy weekend!


post signature

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget