Kitchen Chronicles : Honey Mustard Salad

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Can I just breathe and finally say, yay because it's the freakin' weekend! And after a day, it'll be Monday again--woohoo work! NOT! Work was really toxic this week. Thinking about the food that I'll whip up the next day kept me motivated from Monday until Friday. Oh, I also have my monthly visitor! Isn't that just great? UGHHHH. Bad vibes aside, I was feeling hungry the other day and couldn't be bothered to look at recipes online, so I tossed some left over vegetables and came up with a pretty satisfying salad! It may have been a bad week, but I had my moments too!

This is quick and easy. Something you can also prepare for work if you don't have the luxury of time. Oh, and unlike my other posts, this one's going to be short. I just woke up and I feel like sleeping again, ha! Well, that's what weekends are for. 

Ingredients 
  • Cucumber
  • Tomatoes
  • Lettuce
  • Onions
  • Chicken breast (cut into small pieces)
  • Eggs
  • Salt and pepper (to taste)
  • Clara Ole Honey Mustard Salad dressing
Procedure
  1. Prepare your veggies. Toss lettuce, tomatoes and cucumber in a bowl. 
  2. In a pan, saute onions and chicken until cooked to perfection. (LOL)
  3. While cooking the chicken, boil your eggs. 
  4. Combine your veggies, chicken, onion and eggs!
  5. Top with honey mustard salad dressing. 
I'm sorry I couldn't think of a more creative name for this salad. Hahaha! By the way, instead of putting in raw onions, I sauteed them with the chicken so it will absorb the flavor. I also like onions better when cooked. It still is your preference, if you like raw onions, so be it! This is just a guide. And like I always say, I'm not really a good cook. I just love experimenting in my little laboratory called the kitchen.  Now, back to sleep! Let's all enjoy the last day of the weekend. Yaaaawn!

post signature

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget