Kitchen Chronicles : Filipino Spaghetti

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

When I was in College, I'd spend more money on alcohol than on real food. Not because I'm an alcoholic but because studying in Baguio + alcohol = perfect combination.I'm not saying you should do it too, you know. I'm just saying that because of it, I learned to save my money and be creative with food, just because I had to spend more on alcohol. Lol. Am I making sense? To my 18yr old self, I still am.

The point being, nothing! Loljk. That means I'll be teaching you one of my go-to recipes when I've spent my last penny and all I have are my canned goods and some instant stuff too.  In this Spaghetti recipe, I'll be using Elbow Macaroni instead of Spaghetti. I don't know if I should be calling it Elbowghetti but nevermind. I'm talking too much again, am I?
In this very simple recipe, you'll be needing the following:
  • Elbow Macaroni
  • Spaghetti Sauce
  • Onions
  • Garlic
  • Corned Beef
  • Ketchup
  • Sugar
As you can see, everything is available in your friendly suking tindahan. Oh, college. I love how simple it was to be in College, eating this and sleeping after. Lol. I'll be teaching you how to cook the sauce because the Pasta you can just cook in boiling water with a little bit of oil and a pinch of salt.
  1. Saute the onions and garlic in butter. Or you can choose whichever kind of oil you feel like using. 
  2. If the garlic has browned to perfection (lolwhat!), you can put the corned beef and saute it for about a minute.
  3. Add the Tomato Sauce, Ketchup and sugar. The sugar is optional, if you want the "Filipino Style" then you can add it. If you prefer the sour-y taste, you can skip the sugar. 

And that's it! You can add sausages, hotdogs, etc. Whatever tastes pleasing to you and whatever is available in your pantry. In 3 easy steps, I hope I was able to help you aid your hungry tummy!

I'm sure you had some crazy recipes when you were in College, sharing is caring! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget