Lazy Daisy : Sucker Punch

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I'm a fan of graphic novels but I didn't know Sucker Punch was one. I didn't get to read the novel before watching the movie, so my expectations weren't that high. I actually liked the movie. Before watching it though, I read quite a lot of negative reviews from hardcore fans that it doesn't justify the novel. SO, don't quote me on this since I wasn't able to read it. This is a pure observation of the movie with no relation to the novel. Is that even possible? Probably. Hihi


In a nutshell, Baby Doll's mom dies and their sick dad thought, why not molest them, they're not my kids anyway. Baby Doll tried to save her sister from damnation and ended up accidentally killing her. Forgot to mention Stepdad did that to get all the money, you know how it goes.


Authorities think Baby Doll is crazy and her stepdad paid people so that she can be locked up in a mental institution where all sorts of crazy happens. At the mental institution, they're made to dance in front of filthy, rich, sick people. Baby Doll devices a way to get out, and in the process encounter layers of hyper-reality.



Baby V!
Will she escape with the other girls using her wits and charm? See for yourself.

I did appreciate the movie, i felt like it was a cross between Scott Pilgrim and Sin City.  Well, for the treatment at least. Fans would disagree, though. I'm having second thoughts on reading the novel because I was pretty satisfied with how the movie ended. I'd prolly give it a 3.5 out of 5.

Photobucket

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget