Easy Sardines Pasta

Friday, March 20, 2020

How is everyone doing? I'm trying to just keep my head in the air and take care of my mental health while we all go through this lockdown. To be honest I haven't been in my productive mode for the entire week because I just can't imagine having so much output given everything that's happening outside. I usually spend my day watching the news, trying to look for ways to source our supplies at home without having to go out, and just basically maintaining the household with my siblings. Even before the lockdown happened, my siblings and I have already decided we won't be going home to the province so we won't have to risk our parents.

Anyway, I've been trying to maintain our tiny household given the limited amount of groceries we have at home. We were able to stock up on some items but we all are clueless how long this lockdown is going to last and our supply is slowly depleting. I have to be creative with the dishes I cook to make sure I maintain balance between our stocks and making sure everyone's fed lol. Is this how it feels to be a mom?? Kidding. But I just thought I'd share some of the recipes I've been trying to maximize the things we have at hone. Let's begin!


INGREDIENTS
Pasta (any pasta of your choice)
Ligo Spicy Sardines (you can also do a non-spicy variant)
Garlic
Onions
Butter
Basil Leaves
Oregano
Salt
Pepper
Cherry/Regular Tomatoes

PROCEDURE
1. In a pan, melt butter and saute garlic and onion. 
2. Once the onion is translucent, add the sauce of the sardines first then saute some more. 
3. Add the sardines and crush into small pieces. 
4. Add cherry tomatoes and saute for about a minute. 
4. Right before turning the stove off, add the basil leaves and squeeze half a lemon. 
5. Toss the pasta and mix thoroughly!

NOTES
See, very easy! If you don't have basil at home you can skip it. It'll still taste as awesome. You can also play with spices--personally I used Oergano but you can also try Thyme, Rosemary, Dried basil etc. Also if you don't like the dish to be spicy, you can opt for the green can of Ligo which is the non-spicy variant. For me, I usually still top mine with chili flakes! And btw this is also best served with boiled egg on top. 

Let me know if you try this recipe! It's been roughly a week since the lockdown started and I still have a ton of recipes to share that you can still try at home. If you're bored, try your hand at cooking! This is the perfect time to experiment and learn a new skill. Wherever you are, I hope you're safe and sound. Remember to always stay home unless you really have to go out. Stay safe, everyone!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget