10-minute Easy Filipino Carbonara!

Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Hey, everyone! How are y'all doing? It's day 16 of my lockdown because I've been working from home long before the announced lockdown since I'm a little paranoid about viruses. So these days have been pretty bleak and depressing, mentally. I've been telling myself my next project when all this is over is that I'll fill my place with plants. Being stuck in a place the size of a shoebox is just...sad idk. But I don't want to fill your mind with sad thoughts so apologies for that tiny breakdown. For today I really just want to share this easy recipe that has been my go-to since the lockdown has started. 

We all know even if working from home can be quite comfortable, getting lost in time can be a pitfall and this is what I've been trying to avoid. Sometimes I end up spending half a day just cooking and I don't even realize that my backlogs have piled up. So lately I've been trying to minimize cooking no matter how much I enjoy it lol. So today's easy recipe will take you about 5-minutes prep time and 10-minutes of cooking time--let's get started!

INGREDIENTS
Spaghetti (or any pasta of your preference)
All-purpose Cream
Full cream milk
Salt
Pepper
Quickmelt Cheese
Bacon
Garlic
Onion
Butter

PROCEDURE
1. Saute garlic and onions in butter.
2. Once the onion is translucent, add the bacon and a little bit of pasta water.
3. Simmer for a minute, once done add the all-purpose cream.
4. Add about 1/2 cup of shredded quickmelt cheese and simmer for about 2 minutes.
5. Depending on the consistency, add a little milk to even out the thickness.
6. Toss the pasta and season with salt and pepper.

NOTES
And that's it, so easy and perfect for when you're having a full day at work. Typically I'd also thrown in some mushrooms but because it's lockdown season my pantry's not totally beaming with ingredients so I had to make do with what I have. You can also add chicken breast if you want and some broccoli for your greens. Let me know if you try this dish and how it turns out. Hope y'all are still staying afloat. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget