Ate Rica's Bacsilog Recipe Hack!

Sunday, March 15, 2020

Hey, everyone how have you been doing? I'm writing this a day from the official Metro Manila lock down which is supposed to last for a month. I'm not sure if posting blogs or uploading vlogs would be appropriate at the moment but this is something you can do while confined at home so I thought why not try and share? I know the lockdown has been confusing to some as it has been for me so I'm really just taking this home confinement seriously and have just been staying at home trying to be productive while being safe. 

This post idea came about the other day as I was craving for Ate Rica's Bacsilog and while browsing Grabfood thought, why not just make it at home? I didn't want to risk the delivery guys and I would rather be busy at home so it's pretty much a win-win situation. Which brings me to also sharing that cooking is one of the things you can try and experiment with while being confined at home! If it's something you've been wanting to try, couldn't think of a better time. So, let's get cooking!

INGREDIENTS
Cooked Rice
Bacon
Egg
Butter
Quickmelt Cheese
Knorr Seasoning
Evaporated Milk

PROCEDURE
1. Cook bacon and fry an egg based on your preference.
2. In a pan, melt butter in low heat.
3. Once the butter is melted, add quick melt cheese. Stir until well-combined.
4. Once combined, add evaporated milk.
5. Stir constantly then add a few drops of Knorr seasoning.
6. In a bowl add cooked rice, top with bacon and egg then drizzle with the cheese sauce.

NOTES
As you can see, I don't have any measurements because I pretty much just eyeballed everything. What's important is say for the butter or the cheese, start with a small amount first then just build it up as you go along. The key is achieving the cheese sauce consistency that's right for you. For my version, I prefer it to be a little thicker than the original because I like my cheese a little creamier hehe but again everything's up to you!

That's it, that's the recipe! I think if you're starting with cooking the tricky part would have to be eyeballing everything but just remember, always start with small amounts then just build it up as you go along. It's easier to remedy a recipe by adding more. You can also experiment with other silog's on their menu--I'm thinking of doing hotsilog or longsilog next time. Let me know if you try out the recipe and if you like it. Happy cooking and stay safe, folks!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget