Food Diary : The Wholesome Table

Wednesday, March 11, 2020

I'm a huge fan of eating healthy. I may eat a ton of junk food every now and then, but I personally think that's normal. Eating healthy is a lifestyle and not just a temporary fix you do to detox or to lose weight so momentary cheat meals are not totally bad. However, we all know eating healthy can be pretty expensive which is why I prefer doing it at home and also buying my fresh produce from the local market vs grocery stores. I also try to bring my own food in the office so I can assure that I'm eating healthy wherever I go. 

However when I'm out, I find it difficult to supply myself with healthy food what with all the fast food around offering cheap and quite tasty meals for a fraction of the price. Once in a while I try to indulge even if I know it'll probably leave a huge dent in my pocket. So for this instance, that's what I did. Try Wholesome Table at last lol. 

THE PLACE
The Wholesome Table is an organic restaurant that aims to help you change the way you eat – one plate at a time. We believe in going back to basics in preparing the kind of comfort food that you’re used to eating, except we make them with healthier ingredients, always with love and good intentions.

Restaurateur Bianca Araneta-Elizalde and husband Juan Elizalde share a wholesome experience with its diners in the hopes of inspiring them to follow a healthier lifestyle. With food made only from fresh, natural and organic ingredients, The Wholesome Table inspires a change in the way people live, with every plate they have. (via)

The branch that I tried was the one in BGC. The place is really spacious and showcases a classic, rustic interior. Reservations are also encouraged since the place can get quite crowded especially at lunch time.

THE FOOD
So before this, we already had some of their food delivered at the hotel we were staying in. One of our friends from the UK has a strict gluten-free diet and they're one of the few restaurants that widely caters his diet. The food was good, even in takeout containers! During our dine in experience, that's the only time I had a chance to check the prices and I was surprised--it wasn't cheap.

We pretty much ordered the same thing we had delivered. We ordered Poke Bowl (P450), Be Bold Supergreen Juice (P320), Iced Latte (P120) and Gyudon Rice Bowl (P470). So you can tell it's not on the affordable scale but we decide to go for it anyway. I guess if we're talking about clean eating, it's a good way to go. The meals tasted good and they're huge advocates of farm to table dining. They also have meals tagged as Wholehearted which essentially means a portion of your payment goes to underprivileged kids. 

Buuuuut at the end of the day, the prices are still insane. I mean yes we all know how expensive clean eating can get but even with farm to table dining, how much are the farmers really getting out of this? I mean, I don't mean to sound political but all this organic, wholesome shit they reason out so they can make healthy eating accessible but at this price? It just baffles me hehe. 

Would I go back? Probably not. I'm pretty sure I can enjoy wholesome,organic food for a fraction of the price somewhere else. I mean, if I'm really just advocating in helping the farmers, might as well buy from them directly right? Sorry if this felt more of a rant than a review, I just feel really strongly about making healthy food accessible hence the overflowing thoughts. Hope y'all understand. Eitherway, we still did enjoy the food and if I wasn't so bothered by the principle behind it I would've really considered going back.

THE WHOLESOME TABLE
Budget : P1300 for 2 people
Open daily : 11:000 AM - 11:00 PM
C3, Bonifacio High Street Central, 7th Avenue, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget