Kitchen Chronicles : Tinolang Tahong at Halaan

Wednesday, January 08, 2020

Hey, everyone. Happy new year! I want to start off the year by making sure I update this blog as often as I can which I think is the nth resolution I've done for my tiny space on the internet lol. Anyway, I know I haven't been posting a lot of recipes but I'm baaaaack with a whole lot because I just transferred a bunch of files from my phone and we're on track. 

For today's recipe, we're doing seafood! Seafood is always a staple in our household but we rarely have it because it's pricier than say chicken or pork. But when we do, I tell ya we feast at home. One of my most favorite seafood dishes is tinolang tahong so when I chanced on a huge pile of mussels, I immediately bought a kilo. But I also noticed a bunch of clams on the side and though, they pretty much cook at the same time so why not add in a bunch of clams as well. That's how I came up with the recipe, so let's get started!

INGREDIENTS
1/2 kilo Clams
1/2 kilo Mussels
Tanglad (lemongrass)
Dahon ng sili (hot pepper leaves)
Onions
Ginger
Garlic

PROCEDURE
1. Heat a cooking pot and pour-in cooking oil.
2. Saute garlic and onion.
3. Add ginger, clams and mussels, and then cook for a minute.
4. Pour-in water. let boil. Cook for 5 minutes.
5. Put the hot pepper leaves. Cook for 3 minutes.
6. Add salt (or fish sauce) and pepper. Stir.
7. Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve. Share and enjoy.

And that's it, easy peasy! I think one technique that I want to share is before cooking the mussels, put them in a basin with water so you can get rid of all the dirt. Someone when they're really dirty I brush the shell before cutting off the excess "hair" you usually see hanging outside the shell. I also tend to add green chillies towards the end for some added kick but again, that's optional. So there you have it for out first recipe of the year! Hope you guys are starting the new year right. Happy new year!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget