Food Diary : Biryani House

Monday, January 20, 2020

For a couple of weeks now, I have been craving for Indian food and torn between actually giving in to this craving or prioritizing my diet lol. I'm trying to eat healthier but we all know Indian food isn't just complete without rice so I had to hold it up on the rice. I did find an alternative but I'll be talking about that on a different blog. For now I'd like to talk about this hole in the wall I discovered a couple of weeks back. 

So, since the guy I'm dating hails from Bulacan, I often find myself scouring the streets of Malolos for my next food adventure. I'm also surprised at how budget-friendly most of the restaurants are, say, a Samgyeupsal place offers both Korean Bbq + Shabu Shabu for only P299! That's how crazy the prices can go. Anyway, we all know Indian food can be a bit on the pricier side so I was ecstatic when I discovered Biryani House Malolos. 

THE PLACE
The place is not air-conditioned but has ample parking. It is located along Blas Ople Diversion Road so it can get a little hot since the area feels like a dessert right with a gasoline station. It can comfortably seat around 5-6 medium sized groups and despite it not being air-conditioned, the place was neat and clean. The menu was also posted on the wall with matching photos just in case you weren't familiar how the dishes looked like. 
THE FOOD
I've been making my own Biryani at home but I wanted a restaurant-made feast because I didn't know if my recipe was closer to the original. I got Butter Chicken (P219), Chicken Biryani (P199), Yogurt Shake aka Lass (P129), Butter Roti (P39) and Cheese Paratha (P119). My order roughly reached about P7700+ and I think it's not bad given I got so many things! I also just want to say I get why Indian food is expensive here in the Philippines because of all the spices involved in making the dishes which is why I appreciate it when I get authentic food for a fraction of the price. 

The Chicken Biryani was good and the serving as good for about 2-3 people but I almost consumed it all. I had a little for take out but you get how good it was because I really could've consumed it all. It was served with Raita and spicy tomato puree (I dont know what it's called) on the side. Next is the Butter Chicken, the serving was sufficient but for P219 I was expecting a bit more. I also dipped my Butter Roti and Cheese Paratha on the Butter Chicken sauce and bam, divine! The flavors were combined so well I just wanted to eat everything.  
Would I go back? Definitely! Yes the heat could be off-putting since Indian food can also get pretty hot which is why I was sweating buckets, but nothing can stop me from getting good food with really awesome price tags. If you're around the area and craving for Indian/Arabic/Pakistani food, go ahead and check them out!

Budget : 400 for 2 people
Call : 0977 777 4017 for reservations
Caltex Gas Station Blas Ople Diversion Rd, Malolos, Bulacan


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget