Where to eat in Baguio : Chaya Japanese Restaurant

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Hey, guys! Sorry for being MIA for the past few weeks. As mentioned, life in the real world has been crazy and I am LOOOVING it! There were a few times wherein I was almost tempted to give up despite loving my job to the core, but after seeing the results of my hard work, I am reminded time and again why I do what I do. After a few rants on Snapchat and a little make up retail therapy, I'm good to go. Speaking of make up, have I told you guys that it is my new obsession? I don't understand why I didn't realize this sooner, but I'm super thrilled to show you my beginner make up kit. More on this addiciton on my upcoming posts!

For now, let's talk about this haven we discovered in Baguio when we had our visit a couple of months ago. When I was still a student, I had a favorite Japanese restaurant along Session Road, but it closed two years into may stay in Baguio. It was the cheapest Japanese restaurant that my student budget can afford, and I was really saddened because after that, I wasn't able to indulge myself anymore since most of the ones available around were too expensive for my budget. When I came back a couple of months ago, I knew I had money to spare so my family and I decided we had to try Chaya!


The Place
Chaya is located along Legarda Road and a bit difficult to spot since Waze actually gives you two addresses . It has a cozy, rustic feel to it since the structure has a cabin-like interior to it. The place was spacious and there's also Al Fresco dining. Parking can be a bit of a hassle since there's not much space in front and inside the restaurant for cars. I also highly suggest that you guys make a reservation prior to your visit, since during our visit, there were no available tables. Apparently, highlanders and lowlanders are very fond of the place.

The Food
Upon being seated, we were served with tiny appetizers. We ordered Sashimi Variety (P480), California Roll ((P380), Kani Salad (P260), Katsudon (P280), Japanese Hotpot(P300) and Ramen (P300). I love that their Sashimi was reasonably priced compared to the ones we have here in Manila. But I was a bit iffy because some of their food items were overly priced, like the California Roll. Once we were done with our meal, we were served with complimentary Green Tea Ice cream. Not really a fan of all green tea flavored things, but the boyfriend said it was the bomb. I personally enjoyed the Sashimi, Japanese Hotpot and Ramen because you can never go wrong with soup in the cold Baguio weather. 

Overall, despite the price disparity on some of the items on their menu, I would probably still go back. Because as mentioned, there aren't a lot of Japanese restaurants in the area. And Chaya can actually brag about the food they serve because it isn't mediocre. So next time you visit Baguio and you're looking for your Japanese food fix, make sure to drop by Chaya and give them a try!

Chaya Restaurant is located at 72 Legarda Road, Baguio City. For reservations, you can call them at (074) 424-4726. Price range per person is at P300 - P500. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget