Kitchen Chronicles : Mediterranean Chicken

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

My work has piled up big time but I don't care, I love what I do. There are times where the stress gets to me, but not this week, for some reason. Maybe because cooking has been extremely therapeutic; or it could also be that I've been trying to eat healthy too. My sleeping pattern is still all sorts of fucked up but I'm trying to normalize everything. Working out? Uhm, nah. I don't think I'll ever get back to working out which is why I'm eating healthy, lol. 

Remember the Facebook recipe videos I'm ever so fond of? I was scrolling through my news feed and saw this Mediterranean Chicken recipe. And since I’m in love with simple recipes and I have most of the ingredients at home, I decided to cook it for the boyfriend the following day. As mentioned, it only involves a few ingredients and it’s also one of those low-maintenance recipes since you don’t necessarily have to look out for it. Let’s begin!

Ingredients
Chicken Legs/Thighs (whichever part your prefer)
Olive Oil
Balsamic Reduction
Dried oregano
Clove of garlic
Handful finely chopped parsley
1/2 lemon
Salt & Pepper

Procedure
1. Combine oil, balsamic reduction, oregano, garlic and parsley in a bowl and stir.
2. Squeeze lemon, add a sprinkle of salt and pepper and mix.
3. Make slits in each wing with a sharp knife.
4. Add wings to mix and coat them well.
5. Place in a baking tray.
6. Drizzle remaining mix on top.
7. Bake in the oven for 20-25 min on each side at 180C/365 F.

The original recipe called for Chicken Wings but that's the part I hate the most in a chicken; well, aside from chicken breast. I opted to use chicken legs and thighs instead. Wow, so much for healthy eating, LOL! If the instructions are unclear, you can go directly to the recipe  and watch how it's done. I'm a visual learner so I opted to watch the video over and over until I've memorized the steps, hehe. I've prepared this dish several times as my lunch at work and it's a breath of fresh air from the usual Asian-inspired dishes I usually go for. I have an exciting news to share on my next blog post. Until then! Have an awesome week, lovelies!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget