4 Seasons Hotpot City

Monday, November 09, 2015

This post is long overdue. Much like my other food exploits since I eat more than I blog, heh. A few months ago, my sister Kat celebrated her birthday. We wanted to surprise her and make fer feel as if we didn't care about her special day which is why we told her we have other things planned. My sister is adventurous when it comes to food; she is my total opposite. I have a tendency to stick to restaurants that I like. She, on the other hand, like trying out things. This strikes a balance between us since it breaks the monotony of the my hungerlust. For her birthday, her boyfriend told us that she's been dying to try out 4 Seasons Hotpot City. He did the reservation and all we had to do was go there and pretend that we have other things planned. 

Our initial reservation was at 6:00 PM. Unlike other restaurants, 4 Seasons doesn't have a grace period for reservations. If you're late, even just for a minute, you'd have to queue with the walk-ins. I found this unfair as restaurants would usually give leeway because there are tons of unforeseeable circumstances that could happen even if you try your hardest to be there on time. Not really defending myself but it sucks that we had to wait with the walk-ins when we were just late for abour 3 minutes because we got lost. 


Service
As mentioned, I wasn't necessarily happy with their reservation procedure. After queuing with the walk-ins, we had to wait for over 2 hours just to get seated. A lot of people who missed their reservations just gave up due to the horrendous waiting time. The procedure is favorable for walk-ins since being late for a minute already gives away your spot. The service was fast once we got seated. The waiters would bus our table every now and then and get our used plates to make sure there's stil enough room for more. Getting the bill was a breeze as well, unlike Vikings. 

Food
The food was okay. I didn't particularly see anything that was worth raving about. We had our dinner on a weekday so the price was P788. At P788, it still doesn't include premium items. Yes, in this buffet, not everything is included. There are a ton of things I would've wanted to try at their premium section but at that rate, no thanks. Refilling some of the stations was slow. I went back to the Sashimi area about 4 times and it still wasn't filled out. I had to call out a waited, with which he immediately put in more Sashimi. I love the excitement you get from cooking your own food. They also have a variety of noodles, sauces and spices you can add while you're at it. If there's one thing I'd probably come back for, it's their crepe. It was divine! 

With all the variety of things you can do with a hotpot, I guess we got overwhelmed. We just kept on adding things even if it didn't necessarily blend with the flavor. Maybe they can have a few hotpot how-to's or a few starter recipes we can work with. 

Will I come back? I will. Despite the unfavorable reservation experience, I had fun cooking my own food and adding my own spices. I'm also into all the combination of Asian flavors you can get if only you're creative enough. And, there's Sashimi, so, that's a giveaway. Plus, I have to get my hands on their crepe again! I highly recommend you try the Crepe with peanut butter and caramel drizzle. It just melts in your mouth!

Prices
Adult Weekday Lunch: 688
Adult Weekday Dinner: 888
Adult Weekends/Holiday Lunch & Dinner: 888
Kids below 3 ft: FREE
Kids 3 ft - 4 ft Weekday Lunch: 188
Kids 3 ft - 4 ft Weekday Dinner: 288
Kids 3 ft - 4 ft Weekends/Holiday Lunch & Dinner: 288
Kids 4 ft - 4 ft 6" Weekday Lunch: 388
Kids 4 ft - 4 ft 6" Weekday Dinner: 588
Kids 4 ft - 4 ft 6" Weekends/Holiday Lunch & Dinner: 588

4 Seasons Hotpot City 
932-7777or 939-7777 | 11 AM to 2:30 PM, 5:30 PM to 10 PM
Bldg E., By the Bay, SM Mall of Asia Complex, Pasay City 
Four Seasons Hotpot City Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget