Sticky Spicy Honey Chicken

Sunday, October 18, 2015

I'm a fan of recipes done using an oven because you just combine all of your ingredients, set the time and you have your food ready in a few minutes or a few hours depending on what you're cooking. Yeah, yeah, you might say, but that's a few HOURS?? Yup, a few hours but you literally wait for it to be done. You can practically do any other task while waiting which is why I love it!

I got my mini oven last year and I've been in love ever since. Whenever I see a recipe online, I always check if there's a baked version because I'm 110% sure that's the one I'm going for. Case in point, our recipe for today. While a Sticky Spicy Honey Chicken can be done in a pan, I don't want to go through the hassle of washing a sticky pan. With an oven, I just line the baking tray with foil and clean up is 10x easier! 

For this recipe, you'd have to marinate your Chicken first before popping it in the oven. Again, easy peasy as you can marinate the Chicken in the morning and cook it at night. For this recipe, you'll be needing the following ingredients : 
     
      Marinade
  • A package of chicken thighs (or wings)
  • 1 tbsp Sugar
  • 1 tbsp Chili Garlic Sauce (or any hot sauce)
  • 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
  • 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
      Sauce
  • 1 tbsp Ketchup
  • 1 tbsp Honey
  • 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
  • 1 tbsp minced Garlic
  • 1 tsp Brown Sugar
  • 1 tsp Chili Garlic Sauce (or any hot sauce)
  • 1 tsp Cornstarch
  • Sesame Seeds and sliced Green Scallions for garnish
      Procedure
  1. In a bowl, mix your marinade of honey, chili sauce, soy sauce and sesame oil. Remove the chicken from the package and place into the bowl. Make sure all chicken pieces are well coated. Marinate for 30 minutes. For best results, marinate overnight. 
  2. Once you're done marinating the chicken, preheat the oven to 375F. Line the baking tray with foil and place chicken pieces on top. Make sure there are no chicken pieces directly on top of each other. Place into the oven for 25-30 minutes or until done. 
  3. For the sauce, prepare a pan in low heat. Combine all of the ingredients, the cornstarch should be the last ingredient to be combined. Stir thoroughly until the sauce begins to thicken. This would only take about 5 minutes or shorter. 
  4. Once the chicken is cooked, top with roasted sesame seeds and sliced green scallions. 
In my version, I coated the chicken with the sauce once it was done. I'm not a fan of dipping chicken into sauces which is why I thought of incorporating the sauce after the chicken was cooked. For my side dish, I had buttered corn and carrots topped with a dried Basil. 

I love the combination of honey and soy sauce when I'm baking a dish. I have a couple of go-to recipes that involve the two, and I have yet to share them with you guys. For now, I'm staying in because according to Twitter, typhoon Lando is about to make its landfall. Stay safe, folks!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget