Easy Pizza Dip

Monday, September 14, 2015


I'm a huge fan of those short recipe videos on Facebook that don't require you to go to a freaking Youtube page to watch the video. You just press play and voila, you get access to awesome, quick and easy recipes. Sometimes I find myself watching one video and telling myself I'd sleep after that short clip. Fast-forward to 3 hours later, I'm still watching those damn short videos! My Facebook account is filled with saved recipes and I don't know which one to prioritize because they're just all too good, sigh. 

Luckily, I was able to get started with one of the easiest recipes I've been dying to try. I try to avoid snacks while watching movies because you consume more than what you need. Even if you're already full, you end up eating all that popcorn just because the movie isn't done yet. Or, is it just me? Either way, I was trying to avoid that until this video. I mean, it's so easy to make. What could go wrong aside from that additional 5lbs on your weight? 5lbs isn't that bad, so I decided to give it a try!

We didn't have all the ingredients in the pantry so we decided to go to the supermarket. I promise you this is relevant. When we got home, I watched the video again to make sure we got everything we needed. I started grating the Mozzarella until I realized, oops. We don't have Cream Cheese! Ugh, it's one simple recipe and we forgot one of the key ingredients!

It was late at night so I figured we couldn't get Cream Cheese anywhere so we decided to stick with what we have. I'll post the original recipe and I'll tell you about the workaround I did. For this recipe, you'll be needing the following. 

  • 1/2 cup Milk
  • 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese
  • 8oz Cream Cheese
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
  • Unlimited amount of Cheddar Cheese 
  • Tomato Sauce
  • Pepperoni (I couldn't find any so I used bacon)
  1. In a sauce pan on medium heat, add your milk until is it warm. 
  2. Add the Cream Cheese and stir with a whisk until it is fully incorporated. 
  3. Add your Mozzarella and wait until it is also fully incorporated. 
  4. Add the Parmesan and stir until it is smooth. 
  5. Take the mixture out of the stove and pour into an oven-safe container. I used Pyrex. 
  6. Top with tomato sauce or any pizza sauce of your preference. 
  7. Add Cheddar cheese. I couldn't put a specific measurement because I just kept on adding cheese until I couldn't see the tomato sauce anymore, lol. 
  8. Finish it off with Pepperoni slices. But since I didn't find Pepperoni, I used sliced Bacon instead. Because no one ever goes wrong with Bacon. 
  9. Put it in the oven at 230C/450F until it's bubbly. 
And that's it. You have yourself a quick, easy and delicious dip! I paired my dip with Nachos and the end result was orgasmic. As mentioned, I didn't have any cream cheese so my dip didn't come out as thick and creamy as the one in the video but it still tasted mighty fine. I just added more Mozzarella and Parmesan and that did the trick. I think I also put in more than 1/2 cup of Milk that's why the consistency wasn't as creamy. 

As you can see on the last photo, my dip became really thick because I kept adding Mozzarella and Parmesan to compensate the lack of cream cheese. But it doesn't really matter because the melted cheese on top was a winner! Every time I drown a Nacho into the dip, it's just gooey all over that you actually have to cut it to take a decent bite--yum! It's not a bad thing because we didn't have any leftovers, lol. I'm so glad I already got started with all of my saved recipes. Over the weekend, I was able to do 3 more out of the 28 I have on Facebook, hehe. Cooking is so therapeutic! On to the next recipe! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget