Friday's 10 Happy Things | 2

Friday, September 11, 2015

Aside from the horrendous traffic we experience last Tuesday, I think I had a pretty good week. I don't want to remember how horrible Tuesday was because I actually consider myself one of the lucky few who didn't get wet, who had to walk home or who paid P1k+ for a ride home. Doing this week's 10 Happy Things also made me realize how fortunate I am to live 10-15 minutes from work. Oh, the small things. 

1. Waking up to the person I love on a Monday morning and sort of not wanting to go to work yet because you just want to cuddle. And eat breakfast together or probably sleep some more.

2. 100% passing rate for my Engineers! They got endorsed to Technical training last Wednesday and I couldn't be more proud. We also got to celebrate with a few drinks after class which is a good thing because it saved me from the hellish traffic situation. 

3. I got a box of donuts from my trainees the other day as a simple thank you gift. It somehow served as a reminder of why I'm doing what I'm doing. Not for the food of course, lol. But to keep inspiring people (naks!).

4. I was out drinking last Tuesday which is why I didn't have any idea about the horrendous traffic consuming Metro Manila. I thought cab drivers were just being extra choosy because of the rain. One thing to be happy about was that I got an Uber to take me home. I didn't fully understand the extent of the traffic until I traversed EDSA-Ortigas and was still stuck in traffic for about 15-20mins at 1 fucking AM.

5. Got an invite to join a product launch on Saturday. I won't be able to go because I have another appointment but I'm really glad to be getting a lot of invites lately. Posting content consistently really does pay off. 

6.  The new iPhone 6s in Rose Gold! It's so pretty. I don't really like Pink but it's a break from all the neutral (Gold, Black, White, Silver) colors we've been getting from Apple. Not to dismiss all the fun colors from the iPhone 5c but, they're just too loud for my taste. The Rose Gold on the other hand has the perfect amount of subtlety I would want for my next device. 

7. I found the perfect design for my blog! Buuuuut, it's only available for WP. I've already sent the designer an e-mail since I can't be bothered to tinker with my own design right now. Crossing my fingers she can convert her WP designs to Blogger!

8. A reader sent me an e-mail containing links to her photos doing some of my recipes! I'm overwhelmed because I'm NOT good in cooking. I really just get lucky with all of the recipes I mix and match. Lord, is this a sign? Lol!

9. Finally finished all my backlogged office work! As of this writing, I have nothing to do for the rest of the day except work on updates and follow-ups. YAY! It felt orgasmic to cross out that final task on my list.

10. Today is payday Friday! I'm not going anywhere due to the weather. But still thankful because I get to pay my bills on time, huh. I want to hold on to my money a little longer before I do so which is why I've decided to pay my bills this afternoon, hahaha!

Anyway, as mentioned, I will be staying in because I've been out and about for three weeks now and my room looks like a scene from Tarzan. I have to sort my stuff, clean my kitchen and do the laundry! I will also be doing a few kitchen experiments. I'll be cooking Steak for the first time (wish me luck!) and I'll also be doing a new version of my No-bake Blueberry Cheesecake. Cheers to the weekend!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget