Kitchen Chronicles : Spicy Miso Ramen

Monday, August 11, 2014

The weather has been crazy these past few weeks! Whenever I go out, I don't know what to wear because it can get extremely hot, windy and cold all throughout the day. It's making outfit planning difficult. But outfit planning is really the least of my concerns. The crazy rains and the terrible roads we have here in the Philippines has made travelling to and from work really difficult! And yes, you heard that right. I started with the new job two weeks ago. Which also means I'm a responsible tax-paying citizen again. I'm excited and scared at the same time. New people, new environment, new boss, new work and new colleagues. I'm not very fond of change but I hope this one does my career some good. I rarely make good decisions but I hope this is a part of the good ones. 

Being employed again after 2 months is a breath of fresh air because there are days where I'm so bored and I just want to start working again. But then again I have more days where I feel like, "Aaahhh this is the life!". When I was unemployed, I had the luxury of cooking what I want anytime I want it because I didn't have to rush out of the house to go some place. I also feel a bit sad adjusting to the new work and the new place (yes, we moved!). I'm overly attached to certain things, my old place and work included. I'll talk about that in my next post, for now, I have a series of recipes I experimented on when I was still enjoying the bum life. Meh. I already miss it, haha!  

This idea came to me after cooking my very own Miso soup. I had a ton of leftover Miso Paste and thought, this is going to be easy because I just have to recreate the Miso soup, add some noodles and other available ingredients. It turned out pretty well which is why the boyfriend and I automatically crave for it when the rain gets too cray. 

Ingredients
  • Ramen Noodles
  • Miso Paste
  • Hard-boiled Eggs
  • Soft/Firm Tofu
  • Bokchoy
  • Spring Onion
  • Chili Flakes
Procedure

1. Cook the Miso soup first, but this time add Bokchoy. You can find the Instructions here.
2. Cook Ramen noodles according to package instructions set aside. 
3. Prepare a bowl, add the noodles and the soup. Top with eggs, spring onions and  chili flakes.

For the Bokchoy, add it when the Miso soup is almost cooked so it doesn't get all soggy. I also don't suggest combining the noodles and the soup initially because the noodles may absorb the soup and the texture becomes yucky, If you also decide to do it as suggested, eating and preparing it at a later time will be easier because the noodles maintain the ideal texture and you can just add which topping you prefer at that moment.

I hope everyone's having an awesome Monday because I am, hahaha! Way to brag about it. I almost forgot how good it felt to come in to work excited and enthusiastic because of the things in store for you! I haven't learned this much in a long time and it's making my brain work double time. I hope you guys are having an awesome start of the week as well! If not, hope you still get through the day. And, make sure you try this recipe! 

Have an amazing week ahead!
post signature

You Might Also Like

4 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget