Food Diary : Ponsyon by Breakthrough

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

After a few weeks of starving myself to death in preparation for our Iloilo trip, I was finally ready to harvest the fruits of my labor and indulge for 4 fucking days in glorious food. I didn't really know what Iloilo had in store for us. Good thing a co-worker who's from Iloilo went with us. We told him that we'll leave things to him when it comes to food. Hence, lunch at Ponsyon by Breakthrough.


Kadyos, Baboy at Langka or KBL as they fondly call it hit me right on the spot. It tastes like Sinigang except it's not as seen from its color. The reddish color is because of the Kadyos, which I thought were red beans. Apparently, they're Pigeon Peas/Red Gram but has the same consistency as a red bean. Bat-wan is used to make the dish sour, contrary to Sinigang's sampaloc.


Some of the other dishes that we tried were Native Chicken Liempo, Adobong Kangkong and Grilled Managat. I love fish but I hated their Grilled Managat. While having a bite, I felt like the stench of the fish was all over the place that I almost lost my appetite. I don't have anything against Ponsyon, it was probably just the fish. 


Ponsyon was an amazing experience. The staff were friendly and were more than happy to cater to everything we requested. I also loved their interiors and their bathroom-- their bathroom had fancy designs and arrangements and it was very clean!

Needless to say, I think this place merits a second visit. I'm excited for out trip to Iloilo next year, hopefully we'll have more time to explore other specialties that Ponsyon has to offer. 

 photo newsig_zps61fb364d.png

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget