Come Away With Me : Museo Iloilo

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Hello, people of the innernetz. I was MIA for a few days because I just HAD to unwind and get away from the hustle and bustle of the metro. I needed some peace and quiet, hence our flight to Iloilo was very timely especially with what's happening at work right now. Work has been crazy because of all the changes. While I understand that change is the only constant thing in this world, it's also okay to take change one step at a time. I won't say anything more about the unprecedented 'change' because I'm excited to tell you about my short trip to Iloilo! Plus it's not professional so...

First off, Iloilo is such a nice place. My paternal Grandpop hails from the place, I wonder why I haven't thought of visiting the place sooner! If I were to label Iloilo in my memory bank, it's going to be food haven! I'll be doing a separate post on the food though. When we were there, of course we also wanted to know about the history and the culture that's why we visited Museo Iloilo.

The museum is filled with breath-taking portraits and paintings by local artists. There were also several sculptures and abstract artworks. Entering this amazing gallery requires a fee of P25 which is meager in comparison to the amount of knowledge. rich culture and history you'll get in return. 


I wasn't able to take photos of the old instruments they used during the war because I was amazed by how they were taken care of. There were also various religious statues that seemed very life-like. A glass storage also exhibited the clothes worn during the war. It's actually amazing how the kind of clothing that they had before evolved to the kind of clothing that we have now. 


The guy who collected the fee was also very friendly. There were stuff for sale beside his counter. Colorful bracelets made of recycled paper, accessories made of pearls and whatnot. There was this big, gorgeous mirror made of some expensive wood. The mirror itself was priced at P3000, some of my friends were actually thinking of buying it because it was so pretty! They also have cabinets for sale, made of good high-quality wood which retails at P9000. If I had the money, I would've bought it! It's not everyday you see those mirrors and cabinets anyway. 

The museum is just one part of Iloilo. I'll be sharing more stories from my trip on my next post! I hope everyone is having a great week ahead! Happy Tueday! :)

 photo newsig_zps61fb364d.png

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget