Kitchen Chronicles : Tuna Sandwich

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A couple of weeks ago, the boyf and I went to our first 'real' grocery shopping. I did the meal planning and he did the paying--it was a shared effort, really. LOL. On our way to eating and living healthier, we actually hit 3 birds with one stone. We would take meals in the office instead of buying in the office pantry. I was also able to cut down on buying coffee at Starbucks (being the Starbucks whore that I am)! So eating healthy, living healthy and still a long way on being financially healthy--but we're getting there. Yaaay!
I'm going to share a recipe I did a few weeks back. Not sure if someone did this already but here goes! I don't really know how to make an authentic Tuna Sandwich so I whipped up something that's still primarily made of Tuna and a whole lot of other ingredients available in our pantry. 

For this recipe, you'll be needing the following (Again no measurements, it depends how much of each ingredient you'd want to put in your recipe. Be creative and have fun!).

Ingredients
  • San Marino Chili Corned Tuna (or any Tuna that you prefer)
  • Eggs
  • Tomatoes
  • Onions 
  • Cheese (Optional)
  • Wheat Bread  (or any bread of your choice)
Procedure
Using the oil from your tuna, saute your onions and tomatoes for around 5-7 mins.  Add your eggs and Tuna, wait for the oil to evaporate and your tuna spread is ready to go! I used Wheat Bread because I read somewhere that White bread isn't really healthy no matter how delicious it is :( You can add Cheese or Mayonnaise or whatever else you want to add! Voila, you now have your Tuna Sandwich!

My friend Tutchi, who's pregnant right now, really loved this Sandwich. It was a bit heavy for me because of the cheese, I liked it better sans the cheese so that's what I did with my second batch. If you have recipes that are easy to follow (As I'm a noob in the kitchen), kindly share them with me! Leave me a link in the comments section or drop me a tweet! Enjoy the rest of the week, lovelies!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget