Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.

Monday, October 31, 2011

I know this may be late and a little bit uncalled for at the same time, but for the sake of attachment's sake, I'd gladly do it. I remember going to the office one night, upon checking my mail, MSN gave me a very shocking news, Steve Jobs died of Pancreatic Cancer. While I'm not really the type of person to go with the hype when someone popular dies, like Gadhafi, Steve Jobs is a different thing.

I had my very first apple device in November 2008, it was an Apple iPhone. I was so proud of it, it seemed awesome to the nth level and I took care of it to the best of my ability. I went to school with my phone and there were only a few people using the same phone, you can even count them with your fingers. I was so happy to have received a gift as such from the parentals. Being the naive college girl that I was though, I sold it in March 2009 so I can fund my own birthday party. I sold it for a cheap price for I was in a rush to get some hard, cold, cash. I spent that birthday on the beach, drinking with my friends.

My current Apple devices. (iPhone, iPod touch, iPod shuffle)

That birthday was awesome, I was kind of thinking, would my life have changed drastically if I haven't sold it? I don't think so.


My ipod shuffle
The 2nd Apple device that I acquired was an iPod shuffle, it was in Orange. Not exactly my favorite color but a gift from the boyfran so I loved it nevertheless. I use it when I jog, I use it when I do yoga, I used it when I try to do Zumba or practice hiphop abs at home. It contains memorable songs from college, and others that are simply mundane. I have Muse, Dishwalla, Pearl Jam and Hanson. LOL.

Beloved iPod Touch
My 3rd Apple device was a pre-loved iPod Touch. I've been wanting to get one since I've been using a regular phone, I thought why not buy an iPod Touch since I'm after the games and the mobile internet anyway? I saw a friend from Tumblr selling his iPod and I immediately made a deal with him. It was already jailbroken, contained a lot of apps and was plain awesome! I was in love with this patootie for quite some time. I have Bijan to thank for that!

Latest acquisition, an iPhone.
Now, my latest baby hasn't been the iPod touch, it has been my iPhone! Yes, I bought one earlier this year because someone stole my phone. Since I can afford to buy one without giving my parents a headache, I did! I bought it with my own money, out of my own sweat and blood. So I'll be damned if ever I'll lose this one. It contains all of my favorite apps, not just games but it also tracks my period and notifies me if it's late or something, not that I need to worry, you know. Lulz. It also tracks my expenses and serves as a personal trainer when I'm doing yoga or Zumba. I can do this all day, brag about my phone and how useful it is in my everyday life but that's probably going to be another blog post.

An iPod, a phone, an internet mobile communicator... these are NOT three separate devices! And we are calling it iPhone! Today Apple is going to reinvent the phone. And here it is.
-Steve Jobs


After reading the article that Steve Jobs had passed, I started thinking how short life could be. It doesn't matter if you're rich or poor, knowing that Steve Jobs underwent several surgeries and all sorts of medications, doesn't actually guarantee you a fun and healthy retired life when you get old. I guess I ought to stop smoking, even before the consequences start to haunt me.

A lot of realization brought by the death of an iconic man, made me think if there's ever going to be an iPhone 5. The release of the 4s got me thinking that they might not have the kind of brilliance that Steve had that's why they keep on stalling but further research led me to the fact that they're waiting for a chip that will not compromise the design of the phone. That chip will make the iPhone 5 the most awesome phone on 4g with the most advanced LTE technology coupled with the phone. Can't wait. But, with Jobs gone, is it going to really be the same iPhone? I'm having doubts about that, but then again that my personal opinion rooting from my personal attachment.

I remember my 30-day challenge, one of the questions I had to answer was, If you could exchange place with one person for a day, who would it be and why? My answer? Steve Jobs. Too bad that can't ever happen anymore, well, as if I had a chance in the first place. But, he can still be my inspiration. This work-related crisis that I currently have, this will pass, I just have to remember Steve when he invented the first Apple computer, no one believed in him. I have to do the same then. Just believe in what I can do, and everything else will follow.

Rest in peace, Steve. You were and will be a great man to be remembered.



Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected. 

-Steve Jobs


Photobucket

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget