The Awesome Software That Is Recuva

Monday, October 03, 2011

Last night while trying to transfer some of my dloaded TV series and movies to my D: drive, I accidentally deleted them! I thought the current window I was in was the place where the files were from so I deleted them to avoid duplicates. I did the manual cut then paste, how stupid can I get! Argh. I was still calm in the beginning thinking they can be in the recycle bin anyway, upon looking, they weren't there! I tried refreshing and refreshing the folder but to no avail, the files weren't there.

I tried looking for help in FB, Twitter, Tumblr and Plurk and some friends suggested this and that software. Carl, a schoolmate from College, suggested I use Data Rescue 3 which has a free trial so I won't have to pay for anything. I dloaded the software but it wouldn't open! Something was corrupted and I guess if it's for free you can't really complain. I tried to dload it again and use it but it takes too long to retrieve the files. Then there's Google, looked for other softwares that can help me and I found Pareto Logic Data recovery and it said free trial so I tried it, turns out the only things that you get for free is the scanning. It scans your lost files but ince you try to retrieve them, it'll ask for you credit card and you know what happens next.

Then there's Recuva.



It might look crappy and all because of the logo and I'm telling you it's not! I was able to see all the files that were deleted in, what, 10secs?

My moviessssss!
After the scanning is done, you just have to select which of the files need to be retrieved. Since I dload from torrent, the folders of the movie usually come with the cover and the sample but I didn't bother trying to look for all of those. As long as my movies and series' are intact, I'm good.



After a good 10-15 minutes, my files were retrieved! You just have to select a specific folder where you want your files to be stored.

I promise I'll be more careful next time. If not for this software, several movies that I want to watch could've just vanished. It's not like the end of the world, but of course, it's still something for me.


Have you had any clumsy/stupid like this? I hope not! Happy Monday!

Photobucket

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget