Mt Fuji Japanese Restaurant

Thursday, April 21, 2022

If you don't know yet, I moved to the province in 2020 to better align my life with how I actually want to live. That province is Malolos, Bulacan and as much as I love living here because we don't get as much pollution, we have a bigger space and we just overall have better quality of life in here--one slight inconvenience is that we don't have as much choices when it comes to restaurants compared to Manila. One of the things I constantly look out for would be Japanese restaurants as a person who has a slight obsession with sashimi--Salmon to be specific. 

And while there are a couple of places I usually order from, can say the quality is a tad mediocre and not really something worthy of my happy dance. Nonetheless, they satisfy my cravings so I'm not complaining. HOWEVER, and that's a big however, I discovered a new Japanese place that's not really in Malolos but pretty close and I'm so excited to share it with you. As a probinsya girl (now), who doesn't have a lot of access to GREAT sashimi, this excites me okayyy. Haha

THE PLACE
Mt Fuji Japanese restaurant is located in Guiguinto along T12 Polo land. The place is huuuuuge. I've been in the area before because beside it is a warehouse of repossessed cars where my husband and I did our bidding. Anyway, the place is extremely spacious. They have indoor and al fresco dining available and they have private function rooms if you're a big group who want some privacy. The wait staff were very friendly and they know their food. The wait time upon ordering is relatively fast given the number of people--it was quite impressive to be honest. 

THE FOOD
We got started with a couple of appetizers : Edamame, Crispy Salmon Skin and Kani Salad. From the first couple of bites I can already tell they used premium ingredients. Of the 3, I would probably recommend the salmon skin and edamame if you're looking to enjoy a full meal. The Kani salad while equally delicious was kinda filling for me. We also ordered california maki and dynamite rolls--both were pretty good too. 
GYUDON
As a side story, my husband always orders Gyudon when we eat at Japanese restaurants. He's an extremely picky eater when I met him, he didn't even eat beef. I made him eat beef by taking him to an extremely expensive Japanese restaurant and they had the most savory, most tender and most flavorful beef gyudon. From there, I was able to transition him to other form of beef hence the beef gyudon in all my japanese resto posts lol. You can pretty much call him a Gyudon expert given his experience. So his rating for this is 4/5, he says the beef is not as fatty compared to others (which he prefers to avoid highblood lol). But I guess if you like fatty gyudon, this isn't for you. He also prefers the egg to be more overeasy than cooked all the way but he said it isn't a big deal. 
SASHIMI MORIAWASE
Okay y'all know I'm a sashimi addict and this is always the highlight of my visit in all Japanese restaurants. I ordered the Sashimi Moriawase which is like a sashimi buffet containing 5 different types of Sashimi. The plate had Tuna, Salmon, Octopus, Lapu-lapu and Scallops. I think it was supposed to have shrimp but it wasn't available so they swapped the shrimp with scallops instead. It was my first time having scallops sashimi and holy cow, it was DIVINE. It almost dethroned my Salmon but it isn't quite comparable. They both have different flavor profiles but equally excellent in taste. 

FOIE GRAS ABURI
You know I could've lumped this under sushi and sashimi but no, I want this to have its own section because it deserves the spot. Aburi literally means “flame-seared”; the technique involves using a torch to gently scorch the surface of the fish, transforming its flavor and texture. But for this dish it involves Foie gras, can you imagine--flame-seared fattened duck liver. Rich, buttery and delicate and literally just melts in your mouth. The flavors were luscious, delightful and decadent. I almost cried devouring this and for the price, it was really a steal. PLEASE for the love of god if you ever visit, try this. 

Overall, it was an amazing experience. I'm so glad we've leveled up the choices of sushi and sashimi we have here in the ~province~. At the moment I get delivery from my usual sushi places about 2x a week but now, I think I see myself here at Mt Fuji on a daily basis.  

Budget : P800 for 2 people
Open daily : 11:00 AM - 9:00 PM
T12 Polo Land Industrial Estates, Ilang-Ilang St, 
MacArthur Hwy, Guiguinto, Bulacan

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget