Food Diary : Samgyupsalamat

Wednesday, July 03, 2019

Hi, friends! I'm back again with another feature on my search for the best Samgyeupsal! If you've noticed, the ones I featured first aren't as popular as the ones I'm featuring now. I started with Seoulgyupsal, Gyeonbae and the like because I;m not a fan of looooong queues. I'd rather discover smaller, lesser known korean grills and surprise myself rather than wait in line that long just to have korean barbeque. Buuuut, since I also get requests to try a few of the household names in the KBBQ arena, I do try and spread my patience as thin as I can so I can also share my thoughts on said restaurants.

So for today's feature, we'll be talking about one of the most famous K-BBQ grills around the metro-Samgyupsalamat. They have over 100 branches all over the Philippines. Just like all the other big unlimited kbbq restauranys, the queue can also be a bitch. But before I proceed any further, let's talk about my detailed experience. 

PLACE
If you want to try it yourselves, it's not impossible that you already have a Samgyupsalamat branch near you due to their wide array of branches. The waiting time is terrible though; we had to wait for over 2hrs just so we can dine at their Robinsons Galleria branch. The place is neat and the staff are very attentive once you get seated so that kind of made up for it, but still, that's 2hrs of wasted time. They don't take reservations so I highly recommend to come in early if you want to visit. 

FOOD
They have a wide variety of meats available. The side dishes are limited but I like everything so it's all good. They also have this really good pickled onion as a side dish which I haven't seen in other kbbq grills. This keeps me coming back despite the wait time because it's the only place that offers it. I also love their pickled radish! My top 3 favorite meats would be : Beef Samgyeopsal, Yangnyum Beef and Daepae Samgyopsal. I also love that they don't use fake cheese or cheese sauce, they have legit cheese. The only downside I saw after dining for a couple of times is that their lettuce is really wet?? I don't know why but I end up using too much tissue just to dry them up. I've listed the of available meats below including the price depending on the time and day of the week. 

PORK OPTIONS
Daepae samgyeopsal (sliced fresh pork belly)
Buljib samgyeopsal (herbed pork belly)
Yangnyum daepae samgyeopsal (sliced pork belly with seasoning sauce)
Gochujang samgyeopsal (sliced pork belly with sweet & spicy sauce)
Yangnyum moksal (pork neck bone steak with sweet seasoning sauce)

BEEF OPTIONS
Beef samgyeopsal (sliced beef short plate)
Yangnyum beef samgyeopsal (sliced beef short plate with seasoning sauce)
Beef bulgogi (Korean BBQ beef in sweet soy sauce)
Gochujang beef samgyeopsal (sliced beef short plate with sweet & spicy sauce)
Sarsa beef (beef with sweet-style Filipino sauce)


Would I go back? Definitely but only if there's no queue. On our second visit, we made sure we were early if not first on the line. We'd rather be TOO early rather than spend over 2hrs waiting for our turn. The Galleria branch opens at 10AM and we were there right when the mall was just opening. We were the 2nd customer to be seated, hehe. Our second experience was waaaay better and now that we know the ropes, I'm pretty sure I'll be a regular. Let me know if you've tried Samgyupsalamat too. I want to hear about your experience!

SAMGYUPSALAMAT
Budget : P1000 for 2 people
Open daily : 10AM - 11PM
Upper Veranda, Level 3, Robinsons Galleria, Ortigas
Samgyupsalamat Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget