Affordable Masks for Acne & Oily-prone Skin

Saturday, July 13, 2019

Ever since I started taking care of my skin, masking has been one of those tedious steps I thoroughly enjoyed adding to my already cramped routine. I know it can get messy, I know it can get tiring but really, it's one of the easiest ways to always make sure your skin is hydrated, moisturized and detoxified with some effects being visible right after! And while I have used a ton of masks for my face, I do have a set that I consider the cream of the crop. 

On today's post we're going to be talking about the masks that have worked on my oily and sensitive skin. I'm also extremely acne-prone and I swear by the masks I'll be mentioning on this post. Let's begin!


1. Althea Milk Peel Cream Mask
I got this product from a PR package sent by Althea Korea when they launched their own skin care line. I was a bit skeptical at first because its claims of micro peeling didn't really appeal to me but after using it several times, I saw how the micro peeling was so effective in rejuvenating my damaged skin. It took care of my rough patches and discoloration and the peeling wasn't even obvious!


2. Mizon Goodnight White Sleeping Mask
Ahh the power of Twitter. I discovered this mask from a twitter thread of a guy detailing his glow up story from having acne-ridden face to his now glass skin. He mentioned this product helped clear his acne marks but it didn't quite have the same effect on me. My marks get really dark and they last forever so I use vit c for that buuuut, this mask helped me achieve that endorphin glow without having to break a sweat so yep, keeping this in my arsenal. 


3. In Her Element Petal Rose Clay Mask
I was also sent this product as a part of the PR package and I just ended up loving it. In the beginning I was scared of it because there's a short stinging sensation upon application but the brand told me it's because of the glycolic acid present in it. Don't be bothered by the stinging sensation because the results are so worth it. The texture of my skin has improved vastly! 


4. Soak Opera Evergreen Face Mask
This has got to be the worst smelling mask in this array but only because it's made of natural and all organic ingredients. I don't think I've ever put something so pure on my face but it works so well too! Just make sure you don't leave it on for a long time because it leaves a green-ish tint on your face that makes you look sick lol. So time that mask up!


5. BeautyTrends Peel-off Mask
One of my ultimate fave from this set! I've tried a ton of peel off masks in the past and they don't all work the same. I think I've tried about 10 brands but this is the most effective. You can actually see white heads and blackheads being driven out of your face it's amazing and so soothing lol! Check out the video for some live action whitehead clearing lol.


6. Hello Gorgeous! Rose Facial Mask
I recently discovered this mask line from Hello Gorgous and I'm impressed. I initially got the detox mask and it worked well in clearing my face after trying out a product that my skin doesn't approve of. The next one that I also loved was this Rose mask which makes my skin feel supple!


7. Skin Food Black Honey Wash-off Mask
Most masks are drying after being used for a while, but this one is my secret to keeping my face still moisturized. I wasn't a huge believer of wash-off masks in the past not until trying this product from Skin Food. All you need to do is keep it on for about 15minutes and your face will feel so smooth and moisturized not to mention smelling good! I mean it doesn't just smell good, it smells yummy! It also provides a little bit of gentle exfoliation due to the sugar bits.


8. Nature Republic Aloe Vera
Another one of my moisturizing masks, this one just helps with everything! From soothing my face after sunburn, to moisturizing dry and rough patches and just overall calming my skin down whenever it lashes out. I also use it on parts of my body and I can't stress enough how good this product is for the price and the size!

And there you have it. I go in depth about each mask on the video if you felt that my descriptions were a bit short, make sure to watch as I babble on and on about these products. If you'r unsure what kind of mask would help your skin problem, let me know in the comments section and maybe I can help you out! Happy masking!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget