Food Diary : Izakaya Kikufuji

Thursday, July 05, 2018

Okay, this goes without introduction---I'm obsessed with Japanese cuisine, specifically Sashimi and Sushi. During my birthday, which was like a month ago so obviously I'm not uploading this on time lol, I decided to take on a month-long foodgasmic adventure! I listed all the places I adore and all the places I wanted to try. Of course with limited resources, I was able to dine at only a handful of places. For today's post, I'm sharing one of the places I'm obsessed with when it comes to Sushi and Sashimi! 

I've blogged about my first time at Little Tokyo a couple of years ago. And have since fallen in love with the variety of food the place has to offer. One of my ultimate favorite from Little Tokyo is Izakaya Kikufuji. Popular for its delectable Japanese Cuisine that's why you have to make a reservation to avoid the long queue; or suffer for at least an hour in line before you can get seated--especially on Sundays! Good thing we arrived early when we visited. There were already a number of people at the front door but since we were early, we got to pick a seat that's not as chaotic as the rest of the place (lol, for video purposes). 


The Place
As mentioned, go early if you're the type of person who can't stand a queue. If you don't want to go early, make a reservation. They're only open from 11:00 AM - 1:30 PM and 5:30 PM - 10:30 PM. The place is huge. You can opt to sit in the counter and watch as your food gets prepared, or just get a regular table. I remember they used to have a smoking section at the back where you can choose to dine while sitting Seiza style. But during my last visit, they've converted the area and in turn you just get more regular chairs and tables. Parking is free but the place gets filled up easily sometimes you have to park at the sketchy side of the place. During our last visit, one of the parking attendants asked for P30 for the guard of the establishment we parked in.

The Food
During my visit we ordered, Go Ten Mori (P680), Katsudon (P265), Gyu Kushi (P125/stick), Ebi Sushi (P65) and Shiromi Sushi (P65). Y'all know I'm obsessed with Salmon so instead of getting 5 kinds of sashimi for the Go Ten Mori, I got 3 salmon, 1 tuna and 1 hamachi. Everything was divine! I also paricularly loved the Shiromi Sushi. I wasn't able to ask what kind of white fish they used but it was light and fresh, yum! And of course, can't go to Little Tokyo without ordering Gyu Kushi--one of the best sellers over at Izakaya Kikufuji. I would love to have this tender goodness while drinking, but damn, P125/stick is a bit steep for me. Ordering 3 is already an indulgence, lol. 


Would I come back? Definitely! Going to Little Tokyo may not be one of my daily pick-me-uppers, unlike Tok-Yu. But it's still the perfect place to go splurge a little and not think about the price as you order because you know it'll be worth it. Please also check out the short video I made about my recent visit. Have an awesome weekend, loves!

IZAKAYA KIKUFUJI
Budget : P400-600/person
02 8937319  |  02 8936131
Little Tokyo, 2277 Chino Roces Avenue, Legaspi Village, Makati City
Izakaya Kikufuji Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget