Sinigang na Bangus

Tuesday, June 02, 2020

Hey everyone, how are you holding up? You're not even asking but I want to share that the past few months of being on lockdown has been hard mentally and emotionally. I won't even get into all of the injustices of this government, but I'm just tired, really. I've tried being a small voice for those who can't speak for themselves, but my tiny voice is being overpowered by a lot of people apparently satisfied with how the government is managing this pandemic. I know, I know you din't come here to read about politics but really, how can one be quiet when it's THIS MUCH?

Anyway, not really the point of this post. I just wanted to let that out. I have a ton of unpublished recipes on my draft and I really just wanted to write and those are the first words I thought of letting out. If you follow me on Instagram, you know I've recently decided to take on a Vegan diet. Can't decide yet if I can sustain it but hey, I feel way healthier already. So this recipe I'm sharing with you today is something I've done monthsssss ago when I was so stressed with this government and all I wanted was soup to comfort my soul despite the grueling heat lol. I'm a huge fan of sinigang like most of y'all but my preference will always be with seafood hence our recipe for today--Sinigang na Bangus!

INGREDIENTS
2 lbs. bangus milkfish, cleaned and sliced
1 40g pack Knorr Sinigang sa Sampaloc Mix (Original)
1 bunch fresh kangkong leaves
6 to 8 pieces okra
2 pieces long green pepper (siling pansigang)
1 medium tomato wedged
1 medium yellow onion wedged
1 medium ginger
2 ½ tablespoons fish sauce
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
2 quarts water

PROCEDURE
1. Heat a cooking pot. Pour water into it.
2. Add tomato and anion. Let boil.
3. Add bangus. Cover and cook in medium heat between 8 to 12 minutes.
4. Add Knorr Sinigang sa Sampaloc Mix. Stir. Cook for 2 minutes.
5. Put the long green pepper into the pot. Add snake beans and okra. Stir. Cover and cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
6. Add fish sauce and ground black pepper. Stir.
7. Put the kangkong leaves into the pot. Cover the pot and turn the heat off. Let it stay for 5 minutes.
8. Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve.

There you have it! Easy Peasy Singang na Bangus! Even with the summer heat, I always find comfort when I eat certain filipino soups and stews, with Sinigang na Bangus being the perfect example. My dipping sauce would always always be fish sauce with fresh red chillies adding just the right amount of heat. Let me know if you guys try out the recipe. PS the measurements aren't mine, I just copied it from a recipe book my mom had. Hehe But the recipe is still mine, I really just don't use measurements when I cook but I thought It'd be useful for you guys if it had measurements hehe. Enjoy!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget