Easy Vietnamese Spring Rolls

Friday, June 28, 2019

On today's video I'll be sharing a super simple recipe I've been doing ever since I had my first taste of Vietnamese food at Pho Hoa. I had my first bout with Vietnamese Spring Rolls a few years ago when I bought my first ever GoPro in Greenhills. At that time, I've been wanting to try Pho but was scared with all the aromatic leaves it is usually served with. I also ordered a side of fresh Vietnamese spring rolls just to chase the taste should it be something that I cannot tolerate.

So, on to the recipe. These are my choice of ingredients only because they were the ones available in my fridge but don't be mistaken, you can use any vegetable of your choice! That's the fun thing about this recipe, you can be as creative as you want. It's also pretty simple. The only challenge I find in this is that rice paper is so hard to come by in my local grocery store. I have to go to the bigger grocery stores and stock up. The usual recipe also calls for vermicelli noodles but since I usually create this when I'm eating healthy, I skip the noodles. But anyway, let's proceed to the recipe.

INGREDIENTS
Rice Paper
Crab Sticks
Lettuce
Carrots
Cucumber
Cilantro

SAUCE
Hoisin Sauce
Garlic
Peanut Butter

PROCEDURE
1. Fill a large bowl with warm water. Dip one wrapper into the hot water for 1 second to soften. 
2. In a row across the center, place one crab stick, a handful of lettuce, carrots, cucumber and cilantro, leaving about 2 inches uncovered on each side.
3. Fold uncovered sides inward, then tightly roll the wrapper, beginning at the end with the lettuce. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
4. For the sauce, mix the hoisin sauce, peanut butter and garlic. Adjust the taste according to your liking. 

And that's it! If the instructions seems are unclear, please watch the video for a step by step guide! In the past I've also tried adding ming and basil and the taste was amazing. I just didn't have them on hand when I was making this video but please do add it to your recipe for optimum taste. Let me know if you're planning to make this! I'd love to see the photos!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget