Food Diary : Ganchan Authentic Japanese Cuisine

Friday, January 04, 2019

Happy new year, hope y'all are having an awesome start to the year. On today's food diary, I'm sharing yet another Japanese restaurant discovery, but all hail, this one isn't from Metro Manila so hey, that's new lol. When I was archiving my posts the other day, I noticed the category under Japanese food was the only one that was moving lol. I don't intend on making this a repository of ONLY Japanese food so I'm trying to make the content a little more diverse by posting recipes. Since when I go out, I mostly do Japanese restaurants so that won't be much of help. But hopefully, you've been seeing more diverse content lately. And I'd also stop apologizing for posting content about Japanese cuisine because, can't stop and won't stop!

On the way to a friend's house, we chanced upon this restaurant along Malolos. My eyes are peeled to spot a Japanese restaurant no matter how invisible it may seem to the naked eye lol. Another Japanese restaurant was also beside it, which I've also tried and will talk about in the future. 

THE PLACE
The place is pretty easy to spot since it's just along the road. Don't be confused as there's also another Japanese Restaurant beside it. I say don't get confused because the two oddly have the same signage so when I pass by the place I also get confused lol. It looks Japanese on the outside but not so much on the inside. On the outside it looks spacious but once you get inside, the place feels a bit cramped. Parking is available but in my estimation can only for about 3-4 cars since it only occupies the space in front of the restaurant. 

THE FOOD
I ordered the Gyudon Set (P350) and Salmon Set (P380). I was super excited for the salmon, as always, and I was pretty amused with the selection since for the set you get 8 Salmon Rolls and 3pcs of Salmon Sushi. The Salmon was okay, nothing special. I've tasted better. But if you're craving for Salmon, this would be enough to satiate your craving. The Gyudon was just okay too, nothing special about it and pretty pricey at P350 given the serving. 

Would I go back? If I were really, really, really craving for Japanese food I would. But if not, I think the price is a bit too steep for my weekly eat out budget. There is a nearby Japanese restaurant just beside Ganchan that I've tried which I think would be a better fir if you're on a budget, and that will be up next on the blog. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget